Old 12-23-2009, 05:11 PM
"Brian Bergstrom"

Default Jconv + GUI

I remember earlier this year I tried to build Guitarix but dev had move to
a newer GTK version than comes with 64 Studio b3. I tried to update it
but ended up in a dependency mess and gave up. Have you been able to
build a recent Guitarix version as well?

Brian

Old 12-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Brian Bergstrom wrote:
> I remember earlier this year I tried to build Guitarix but dev had move to
> a newer GTK version than comes with 64 Studio b3. I tried to update it
> but ended up in a dependency mess and gave up. Have you been able to
> build a recent Guitarix version as well?
>
> Brian

No, I'm aware that Guitarix and Rakarrak on 3.0-beta3 aren't fine, resp.
after all upgrades I didn't check if this changed. Guitarix is
interesting, because it also comes with a GUI for Jconv and Jcgui is a
break out of the Jconv settings GUI from guitarix,
http://jcgui.sourceforge.net/. With the little tweak Jcgui is fine for
64 Studio, without upgrading any package for 64 Studio.

It's an advantage to have Jconv + GUI, even if having Guitarix and
Rakarrak would be better. IMO there's only one alternative reverb that's
also good, linuxDSP SR-2A, it's fine with 64 Studio and IIRC there's no
need to compile it, just downloading and copying is needed.

Ralf

--
Download Internet Explorer 8 and win a
Red Tick Beer

Old 01-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Ralf Mardorf

hermann wrote:
> Moin Ralf
>
> Danke für's feedback, ich hoffe das auch guitarix wieder mit
> 64 Studio 3.0-beta3 flupt, is für mich immer schwer zu überprüfen, da
> ich debian/sid nutze.
>
> auch so, frohes neues
> hermann

Hi Brian, hi Hermann

yes Guitarix is easy to build on 64 Studio, there only is an issue
because of meterbridge.

Because of jconvolver and zita-convolver there are some issues,
http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/downloads/index.html. I discribed
the trouble because of zita-convolver in an earlier mail, you only need
to change the CPU architecture in the Makefile, to fit to your CPU. For
jconvolver you should add a link, sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib64, before you compile it and after compiling there might
be the need to add a second link, /path/libzita-convolver.so.2.0.0 ->
/path/libzita-convolver.so.2. Btw. latest Jc_Gui don't needs any editing
any more, there's no problem with building it,
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jcgui/.

Once you have jconvolver too, you only need to do the following steps
(on the quick I couldn't compile meterbridge):

*Guitarix*

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ wget
http://old.notam02.no/arkiv/src/jack_capture-0.9.36.tar.gz
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ wget
http://plugin.org.uk/meterbridge/meterbridge-0.9.2.tar.gz
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ wget
http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/files/guitarix/guitarix-0.05.7-1.tar.bz2/download

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ tar xzf jack_capture-0.9.36.tar.gz
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ tar xzf meterbridge-0.9.2.tar.gz
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ tar xjf guitarix-0.05.7-1.tar.bz2
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ rm jack_capture-0.9.36.tar.gz
meterbridge-0.9.2.tar.gz guitarix-0.05.7-1.tar.bz2

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ wget
http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.14.tar.gz
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ tar xzf SDL-1.2.14.tar.gz
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ rm SDL-1.2.14.tar.gz

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src$ cd SDL-1.2.14
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/SDL-1.2.14$ ./configure
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/SDL-1.2.14$ make -j2
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/SDL-1.2.14$ sudo make install
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/SDL-1.2.14$ sudo make clean

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/SDL-1.2.14$ cd ../meterbridge-0.9.2
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/meterbridge-0.9.2$ sudo ldconfig
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/meterbridge-0.9.2$ ./configure
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/meterbridge-0.9.2$ make -j2
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/meterbridge-0.9.2/src'
make all-am
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/meterbridge-0.9.2/src'
source='main.c' object='main.o' libtool=no
depfile='.deps/main.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/main.TPo'
depmode=gcc3 /bin/bash ../depcomp
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -Wall -g -I/usr/local/include/SDL
-D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT
-DPKG_DATA_DIR="/usr/local/share/meterbridge" -c `test -f 'main.c' ||
echo './'`main.c
source='vu_meters.c' object='vu_meters.o' libtool=no
depfile='.deps/vu_meters.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/vu_meters.TPo'
depmode=gcc3 /bin/bash ../depcomp
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -Wall -g -I/usr/local/include/SDL
-D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT
-DPKG_DATA_DIR="/usr/local/share/meterbridge" -c `test -f
'vu_meters.c' || echo './'`vu_meters.c
vu_meters.c:3:23: error: SDL_image.h: No such file or directory
main.c:8:23: error: SDL_image.h: No such file or directory
vu_meters.c:11: error: static declaration of ‘buf_rect’ follows
non-static declaration
main.h:11: error: previous declaration of ‘buf_rect’ was here
make[2]: *** [vu_meters.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/meterbridge-0.9.2/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/meterbridge-0.9.2/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/meterbridge-0.9.2$ ls
/usr/local/include/SDL
begin_code.h SDL_byteorder.h SDL_endian.h SDL.h SDL_loadso.h SDL_name.h
SDL_rwops.h SDL_timer.h
close_code.h SDL_cdrom.h SDL_error.h SDL_joystick.h SDL_main.h
SDL_opengl.h SDL_stdinc.h SDL_types.h
SDL_active.h SDL_config.h SDL_events.h SDL_keyboard.h SDL_mouse.h
SDL_platform.h SDL_syswm.h SDL_version.h
SDL_audio.h SDL_cpuinfo.h SDL_getenv.h SDL_keysym.h SDL_mutex.h
SDL_quit.h SDL_thread.h SDL_video.h
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/meterbridge-0.9.2$ sudo make clean

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/meterbridge-0.9.2$ cd
../jack_capture-0.9.36
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/jack_capture-0.9.36$ make -j2
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/jack_capture-0.9.36$ sudo checkinstall

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/jack_capture-0.9.36$ cd
../guitarix-0.05.7-1
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/guitarix-0.05.7-1$ ./waf configure
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/guitarix-0.05.7-1$ ./waf build
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/guitarix-0.05.7-1$ sudo ./waf install

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/guitarix-0.05.7-1$ cd
../jack_capture-0.9.36
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/jack_capture-0.9.36$ sudo make clean

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/jack_capture-0.9.36$ cd ~
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ cat .jackdrc
/usr/bin/qjackctl --start
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ guitarix -v
Guitarix version 0.05.7-1
Copyright @ 2009 Hermman Meyer - James Warden
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ guitarix
Preset List Building *** 0 presets found
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started
no message buffer overruns
Jack Init *** not yet a jack client
Jack init *** The jack sample rate is 48000/sec
Jack init *** The jack buffer size is 512/frames ...

Cheers,
Ralf