Old 12-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Jconv + GUI

Hi

I want to remember that Jconv is on the wish list since a very long
time, wanted by several users.
Now there's a GUI available to control Jconv. Both, latest version of
Jconv and the GUI can run on a default install of 64 Studio 3.0-beta3.
But building Jconv and the GUI isn't easy for the averaged user, while
it's easy to build for developers.

If a user wish to know how to build it for 64 Studio, here is the
answer: http://www.pubbs.net/linuxaudio/200912/60554/

For zita-convolver you might need to edit the Makfile, e.g.

$ make
g++ [snip] -march=3Di686 -c -o zita-convolver.o zita-convolver.cc
zita-convolver.cc:1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64

instruction set
make: *** [zita-convolver.o] Error 1
$ hwinfo --cpu [will give you info for usage with http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/i386-and-x86-002d64-Options.html]

[snip]
$ gedit Makefile
$ make
g++ [snip] -march=athlon64 [snip]

For jcgui you need to replace line 468 in /src/GtkFastMeter.cpp

GdkWindow* window = gtk-widget-get-window(GTK-WIDGET(fm));

with

GdkWindow* window = GTK-WIDGET(fm)->window;

Hopefully there will packages for 64 Studio soon.

Cheers,
Ralf

--

Download Internet Explorer 8 and win a
Red Tick Beer

Old 12-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Ralf Mardorf

> [will give you info for usage with http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/i386-and-x86-002d64-Options.html]

I copied the link from the LAD archive. I guess there are different
sources for this archive and the one I used is a PITA, the correct link is:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/i386-and-x86_002d64-Options.html

Change line 33 of the zita-convolver's Makefile to the CPU that fits to
yours, e.g.:

CPPFLAGS += -march=athlon64