Old 12-20-2009, 08:49 PM
nescivi

Default user name/password for 64studio live cd?

Hiho,

a friend of mine just downloaded and burnt the 64studio 2.0 live CD and gets
asked for the username and password to log in...
Anyone know what these are?

The website and faqs apparently makes no mention of it, and I seem to have
trouble getting onto the website at all...

sincerely,
Marije

Old 12-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 12-20-2009, 09:16 PM
nescivi

On Sunday 20 December 2009 17:10:16 Gustin Johnson wrote:
> nescivi wrote:
> > Hiho,
> >
> > a friend of mine just downloaded and burnt the 64studio 2.0 live CD and
> > gets asked for the username and password to log in...
> > Anyone know what these are?
>
> They would have been set by the person who installed it during the
> install. One of the install steps is setting the username and password.

I don't think he actually installed it yet, but instead is booting from the cd
into the live distro.

> > The website and faqs apparently makes no mention of it, and I seem to
> > have trouble getting onto the website at all...
>
> Is the site still giving you trouble? It is working for me right now.
> Disable any add-ons like no-script, greasemonkey etc. and try again.

I get an
"Address Not Found
Iceweasel can't find the server at www.64studio.com."

I'm not sure why that is, since I can reach other websites fine...

sincerely,
Marije

Old 12-21-2009, 02:09 PM
nescivi

On Sunday 20 December 2009 17:20:31 Kassen wrote:

> > > They would have been set by the person who installed it during the
> > > install. One of the install steps is setting the username and
> > > password.
> >
> > I don't think he actually installed it yet, but instead is booting from
> > the cd
> > into the live distro.

Kassen:
> That's right. I got the ISO from the site, burned it to CD as a image, then
> booted from that. It boots fine, detects everything including the EMU
> soundcard, but wants a login and password. Leaving it blank and other
> obvious options didn't help. The bootup menu is no help either.

reburning it onto a new cd fixed the problem. weird...

sincerely,
Marije

Old 12-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Ralf Mardorf

nescivi wrote:
> I get an
> "Address Not Found
> Iceweasel can't find the server at www.64studio.com."

Right now it's fine for me and also yesterday I had no trouble to visit
the homepage.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:29 AM
tim hall

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 15:10 -0700, Gustin Johnson wrote:
> > a friend of mine just downloaded and burnt the 64studio 2.0 live CD
> and gets
> > asked for the username and password to log in...
> > Anyone know what these are?
> >
> They would have been set by the person who installed it during the
> install. One of the install steps is setting the username and
> password.

I'm not sure that this is the case, if this is the live CD, it is surely
running from the CD drive?

I did experience this on an installation (the latest mediastation build
IIRC) and rebooting got past this little hiccup.

Otherwise I'm clueless.

cheers,

tim

Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 PM