Old 12-20-2009, 04:43 PM
"Brian Bergstrom"

Default To less communication at the forums and at the mailing list

I do a lot more listening than talking on this list, but I thought I'd let
you know I'm still here.

I still have 64 Studio beta 3 installed and I use it for my music related
tasks. I have a second partition which I have been trying out Suse and
Crunchbang a bit. I may try Ubuntu Studio on top of Crunchbang when 9.10
is released.
Despite its beta status, I haven't had a major reason to switch until
recently. I finally got a monitor to connect to my laptop and it would be
nice to get dual monitors working with my Radeon. I only breifly tried to
get it to work, so I'm not sure if its a configuration thing or if I need
newer packages of radeonhd/xorg/xrandr.

I glance through the forums occasionally, but it is tedious to do with its
limited funcitonality. Not being able to mark things as read without
opening each topic is annoying. Not having a feed of new posts is a
drag. I only recently discovered that if you goto /forum instead of
/forum/11, you get a list of active topics at the bottom of the page.
Does anyone else find the forum hard to use?

While there has been a decline of activity on this list and the forum, I
have been seeing Free's name appear a lot more on the debian multimedia
packagers list a lot more. That is a good sign that progress is being
made to get us(and other debian based media distros) newer packages.

Brian