Old 12-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Frank Smith

Default SSD disk in use Beta 3 studio

HI
If you need to run any tests, or your just interested* I am running on a SSD disk ( 30 gig)
I'm a user so you would need to send the commands for me to run any tests.

Ardour and jack seem to have no problems at the moment, latency reported by jack is set to 23.3 ms.

I monitor from the two DDX so don't really have a problem here. I have never used Midi so can be of no help there.
Sound cards are RME hdsp.

Cheers
Bob

Old 12-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Jonathan Leonard

Hey Frank very cool! *If you don't mind me asking, which disk did you get and how are you using it in 64studio? *As an audio disk for capture and editing, or for the OS? *My preferred disk vendor, glyph, is now offering their portagig 800 as SSD. *I have not installed one myself yet but the day may come soon.

Cheers,
jonathan adams leonard

Old 12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Frank Smith

HI jonathan

Its a runcorn thing(!) will try and find the relevant name for you.
It's the whole system disk at the moment.
I use the other larger ata disk for storage. I tend to load the songs I'm recording to the SSD disk running 64studio. then master to another machine and then store the masters elsewhere.

The fact that the disk is quite small means I must do the house keeping!

Seems to fly along at the moment!

Cheers
Bob