FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > 64 Studio > 64 Studio User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-16-2009, 01:14 AM
Ralf Mardorf
 
Default Can't compile slv2 library

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6$ ./waf configure
Checking for program gcc : ok /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for program cpp : ok /usr/bin/cpp
Checking for program ar : ok /usr/bin/ar
Checking for program ranlib : ok /usr/bin/ranlib
Checking for gcc : ok
Checking for program g++ : ok /usr/bin/g++
Checking for g++ : ok
Checking for lv2core >= 1.0 :
error: the configuration failed (see
'/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6/build/config.log')
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6$ cat
/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6/build/config.log
# project slv2 (0.6.6) configured on Mon Nov 16 03:04:20 2009 by
# waf 1.5.6 (abi 7, python 20502f0 on linux2)
# using ./waf configure
#
Checking for program gcc

find program='gcc' paths=[] var='CC' -> '/usr/bin/gcc'

Checking for program cpp

find program='cpp' paths=[] var='CPP' -> '/usr/bin/cpp'

Checking for program ar

find program='ar' paths=[] var='AR' -> '/usr/bin/ar'

Checking for program ranlib

find program='ranlib' paths=[] var='RANLIB' -> '/usr/bin/ranlib'

Checking for gcc

Checking for program g++

find program='g++' paths=[] var='CXX' -> '/usr/bin/g++'

Checking for g++

Checking for lv2core >= 1.0

pkg-config --errors-to-stdout --print-errors --atleast-version=1.0 lv2core

Hi

the installed lv2core is version 1?! I don't know if there would be
trouble because of librdf0
(http://trac.64studio.com/64studio/ticket/472), but redland and redland
dev are in the repositories, resp. installed.
I need slv2 library to compile latest version of Qtractor with LV2 support.

Cheers,
Ralf
_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:44 AM
"Mathias Krause"
 
Default Can't compile slv2 library

Hi Ralf,

i had the same error when compiling slv2 lib. But then i managed to
compile it. Unfortunately i got some trouble afterwords, as some packages
(maybe librdf?) didn't match and that broke my gnome down.

But i think i can give you an howto for compiling slv2, when i am back at
home and look into my history (this will be the next weekend, sorry for
that) ...

Regards
mathias

> spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6$ ./waf configure
> Checking for program gcc : ok /usr/bin/gcc
> Checking for program cpp : ok /usr/bin/cpp
> Checking for program ar : ok /usr/bin/ar
> Checking for program ranlib : ok /usr/bin/ranlib
> Checking for gcc : ok
> Checking for program g++ : ok /usr/bin/g++
> Checking for g++ : ok
> Checking for lv2core >= 1.0 :
> error: the configuration failed (see
> '/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6/build/config.log')
> spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6$ cat
> /usr/src/slv2-0.6.6/build/config.log
> # project slv2 (0.6.6) configured on Mon Nov 16 03:04:20 2009 by
> # waf 1.5.6 (abi 7, python 20502f0 on linux2)
> # using ./waf configure
> #
> Checking for program gcc
>
> find program='gcc' paths=[] var='CC' -> '/usr/bin/gcc'
>
> Checking for program cpp
>
> find program='cpp' paths=[] var='CPP' -> '/usr/bin/cpp'
>
> Checking for program ar
>
> find program='ar' paths=[] var='AR' -> '/usr/bin/ar'
>
> Checking for program ranlib
>
> find program='ranlib' paths=[] var='RANLIB' -> '/usr/bin/ranlib'
>
> Checking for gcc
>
> Checking for program g++
>
> find program='g++' paths=[] var='CXX' -> '/usr/bin/g++'
>
> Checking for g++
>
> Checking for lv2core >= 1.0
>
> pkg-config --errors-to-stdout --print-errors --atleast-version=1.0 lv2core
>
> Hi
>
> the installed lv2core is version 1?! I don't know if there would be
> trouble because of librdf0
> (http://trac.64studio.com/64studio/ticket/472), but redland and redland
> dev are in the repositories, resp. installed.
> I need slv2 library to compile latest version of Qtractor with LV2
> support.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf
> _______________________________________________
> 64studio-users mailing list
> 64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
> http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
>

_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Ralf Mardorf
 
Default Can't compile slv2 library

Mathias Krause wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> i had the same error when compiling slv2 lib. But then i managed to
> compile it. Unfortunately i got some trouble afterwords, as some packages
> (maybe librdf?) didn't match and that broke my gnome down.
>
> But i think i can give you an howto for compiling slv2, when i am back at
> home and look into my history (this will be the next weekend, sorry for
> that) ...
>
> Regards
> mathias

Hi Mathias

thank you. I received a mail from Rui. He told me that LV2 support for
Qtractor still isn't fine. Perhaps it will be more pleasant to compile
Qtractor with LV2 support next week .

I'll backup 64 Studio before using your howto .

Cheers,
Ralf
_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Mathias Krause
 
Default Can't compile slv2 library

Hi Ralf,

aren't you already subscribed to the qtractor-devel list?
If not, it's clear why you didn't read about our latest LV2 discussion
yet...

Regards
Mathias


Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Mathias Krause wrote:
>
>> Hi Ralf,
>>
>> i had the same error when compiling slv2 lib. But then i managed to
>> compile it. Unfortunately i got some trouble afterwords, as some packages
>> (maybe librdf?) didn't match and that broke my gnome down.
>>
>> But i think i can give you an howto for compiling slv2, when i am back at
>> home and look into my history (this will be the next weekend, sorry for
>> that) ...
>>
>> Regards
>> mathias
>>
>
> Hi Mathias
>
> thank you. I received a mail from Rui. He told me that LV2 support for
> Qtractor still isn't fine. Perhaps it will be more pleasant to compile
> Qtractor with LV2 support next week .
>
> I'll backup 64 Studio before using your howto .
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf
> _______________________________________________
> 64studio-users mailing list
> 64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
> http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
>

_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Ralf Mardorf
 
Default Can't compile slv2 library

Mathias Krause wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> aren't you already subscribed to the qtractor-devel list?
> If not, it's clear why you didn't read about our latest LV2 discussion
> yet...
>
> Regards
> Mathias

Hi Mathias

right, I'm still not subscribed because I spend too much time with hacks
and less time with making music and I fear that I would take care of
issues with Qtractor that are less important for me, if I'm subscribed.

I've taken a look at the archive and only found 2 mails about LV2, your
question and Rui's reply:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4AFF01F2.4000303%40rncbc.org &forum_name=qtractor-devel

Btw. yesterday I enabled LV2 support for Suse 11.2. For Suse there's a
package called "lv2-c++-tools". I didn't search for the LV2 event
extension headers for 64 Studio and there's no package "lv2-c++-tools"
for 64 Studio. Some private mails (I guess it's all right to quote them
in this case ) are below. Maybe it's better not to compile with LV2
support now, anyway, it would be great if you can send me the howto
compile the slv2 library for 64 Studio.

OT (the reason to try Suse):

*I prefer 64 Studio* instead of Suse, but because of the "sound quality
issue" when recording audio with Qtractor, I'll try the same distro as
Rui is using. Btw. Suse (when it wasn't Novell) was the first OS I used
with my own PCs, excepted of my Atari ST's 80268 hardware emulator,
there I used DR-DOS (MS-DOS compatible ) and to be honest, parallel to
Non-Novell Suse I needed 98 se and XP because of hardware issues, e.g.
because of FAX. Today I abandon the usage of FAX etc.. Unfortunately my
ISDN modem and it's Linux drivers are too tricky and buggy, several 56K
modems caused too much trouble and I don't know a way to use DSL for FAX
with Linux. Hint's how to use DSL for FAX with Linux are welcome ,
even if it's off topic.

Cheers,
Ralf

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: lv2-c++tools headers for Suse 11.2 are overlooked by
configure
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:29:23 +0000
From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@rncbc.org>
To: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
References: <4B01648E.9030300@alice-dsl.net>



On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:41:18 +0100, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Hi Rui
>
> YaST2 or I must have overlooked the package libslv2-devel, but using
> Google and then YaST2 again I noticed that it's in the Packman
> repository. Now there's still another problem. The headers provided by
> the package lv2-c++tools are overlooked by configure:
>
> [snip]
> checking lv2_event.h usability... no
> checking lv2_event.h presence... no
> checking for lv2_event.h... no
> checking lv2_event_helpers.h usability... no
> checking lv2_event_helpers.h presence... no
> checking for lv2_event_helpers.h... no
> checking lv2_uri_map.h usability... no
> checking lv2_uri_map.h presence... no
> checking for lv2_uri_map.h... no
> configure: WARNING: *** LV2 event extension will be disabled.
> [snip]
> Qtractor 0.4.3.1424
> [snip]
> LV2 Plug-in support . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: yes
> LV2 Plug-in MIDI/Event support . . . . . . . . . .: no
> [snip]
>
> ls /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools
> lv2_contexts.h lv2gui.hpp lv2plugin.hpp lv2types.hpp
> lv2_uri_map.h rdf.hpp
> lv2_event.h lv2.h lv2_saverestore.h lv2_ui.h
> namespaces.hpp turtleparser.hpp
> lv2_event_helpers.h lv2_osc.h lv2synth.hpp lv2_ui_presets.h
> query.hpp unicode.hpp
>
> I solved it by doing this:
>
> # ln -T /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_event.h
> /usr/local/include/lv2_event.h
> # ln -T /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_event_helpers.h
> /usr/local/include/lv2_event_helpers.h
> # ln -T /usr/include/lv2-c++-tools/lv2_uri_map.h
> /usr/local/include/lv2_uri_map.h
> # ls /usr/local/include -l
> total 116
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16961 2009-07-04 13:39 aeffect.h
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 64725 2009-07-04 13:39 aeffectx.h
> -rw-r--r-- 2 root root 11400 2009-11-01 11:40 lv2_event.h
> -rw-r--r-- 2 root root 8538 2009-11-01 11:40 lv2_event_helpers.h
> -rw-r--r-- 2 root root 3590 2009-11-01 11:40 lv2_uri_map.
> # ./configure
> [snip]
> LV2 Plug-in support . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: yes
> LV2 Plug-in MIDI/Event support . . . . . . . . . .: yes
> [snip]
>

yep. good move.

you could made it also without the /usr/local/include hacks, like this:
./configure --with-lv2=/usr/include/lv2-c++-tools

as said, all this lv2 stuff is ugly as hell. i would avoid it, if you're
serious in making some noise with current qtractor svn trunk


> OT:
>
> Are you able to boot the kernel-rt from the Suse 11.2 repositories? Are
> you able to compile a kernel-rt for Suse 11.2?
>

i'm not there yet. will try something tonight.


>
> PS:
>
> Qtractor and LV2:
>
> No LV2 were found, so I needed to force quit, then I added /usr/lib/lv2
> as source directory. Some LV2 plugins were available, but trying to add
> them to an audio track cause in a segmentation fault.
>


note that some lv2 plugins might be real troublemakers, others just refuse
to get any audio through on the even-numbered days i'm still on hold to
whether it's my own fault or is it something you can blame to an infantile
lv2 ecosystem.

does it segfault with any lv2 plugin or just a few in particular?

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@rncbc.org

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: lv2-c++tools headers for Suse 11.2 are overlooked by
configure
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:17:57 +0100
From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
To: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@rncbc.org>
References: <4B01648E.9030300@alice-dsl.net>
<cb67f82e09064a6e8cd7f96ba84467d7@localhost>



Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> you could made it also without the /usr/local/include hacks, like this:
> ./configure --with-lv2=/usr/include/lv2-c++-tools
>
> as said, all this lv2 stuff is ugly as hell. i would avoid it, if you're
> serious in making some noise with current qtractor svn trunk
>

Does it mean that even if I don't use LV2 plug-ins, but Qtractor enabled
LV2 support that Qtractor will be unstable?
If so, is it possible to install 2 versions of Qtractor
(--prefix=/usr/qtractor_test_version) or could this cause any trouble?
Btw. only for Suse LV2 support is enabled, I'm not able to resolve the
dependencies for 64 Studio, but until now 64 Studio is my real-time
audio installation.

>> OT:
>>
>> Are you able to boot the kernel-rt from the Suse 11.2 repositories? Are
>> you able to compile a kernel-rt for Suse 11.2?
>>
>>
>
> i'm not there yet. will try something tonight.
>

Please let me know if it's fine for you. Maybe I did something wrong or
my computer has compatibility issues.

> note that some lv2 plugins might be real troublemakers, others just refuse
> to get any audio through on the even-numbered days i'm still on hold to
> whether it's my own fault or is it something you can blame to an infantile
> lv2 ecosystem.
>
> does it segfault with any lv2 plugin or just a few in particular?
>

I tested randomly 3 LV2 plug-ins and Qtractor always crashed with a
SEGFAULT. Yesterday was my birthday, so I had no time to do a more
extensive test and to write down which LV2 plug-ins I tried to load and
additionally I used Suse's kernel-desktop, Suse's actual default kernel.
In the repository still is a classic kernel-default. I don't know what
is different with kernel-desktop, perhaps it's a source of error for
music applications.

Mathias wrote me that there is/ was a discussion about LV2 on Qtractor
dev list. I still need to subscribe, but for now I'll take a look at the
archive.

Cheers,
Ralf

_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Ralf Mardorf
 
Default Can't compile slv2 library

Hi Mathias

just the reply about building Qtractor with or without LV2 support too
keep Qtractor stable:

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Re: lv2-c++tools headers for Suse 11.2 are overlooked by
configure
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:21:54 +0000
From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@rncbc.org>
To: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
References: <4B01648E.9030300@alice-dsl.net>
<cb67f82e09064a6e8cd7f96ba84467d7@localhost>
<4B02A285.9080508@alice-dsl.net>


[snip - Suse issues, kept the answer to my question, if Qtractor
would be unstable when compiling with LV2 support:]

it should no matter whether you build with lv2 support or not, as long as
you don't load nor activate any lv2 plugin all should be fine


> Mathias wrote me that there is/ was a discussion about LV2 on Qtractor
> dev list. I still need to subscribe, but for now I'll take a look at the

> archive.
>

yes, being subscribed to qtractor-devel list is recommended, at least
there's an chance to share our worries without keeping an eye or both on
the reply-to-whom button

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@rncbc.org



To avoid cross posting and private mails (e.g. because of Suse +
Qtractor), this might be a good idea , OTOH if issues are about 64
Studio + Qtractor and this will be most of the times, the 64 Studio
users list might be more important.

Cheers,
Ralf

_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Mathias Krause
 
Default Can't compile slv2 library

Hi Ralf,

to install LV2 for 64studio i just installed the package lv2core ...

Then i took the slv2 library
http://download.drobilla.net/slv2-0.6.6.tar.bz2 and did a
./waf configure
./waf
./waf install

That's how i enabled the LV2 support for qtractor. Worked fine. I didn't
try to enable the midi event things as i stumbled over the same issues
with the naming of the header files.

(Afterwars i de-installed lv2 support, because i needed to test some
other things, and before re-intalling it, i want to make a backup, so
maybe i will retry this at weekend...)


Btw: There's no problem to have more than one version of qtractor
installed. The only thing, you have to keep in mind is, that they use
the same configuration file. So if there's a crash when starting
qtractor, propably the configuration file has a problem and you should
restore a backup or just delete it...

regards,
gizzmo aka
Mathias
_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Ralf Mardorf
 
Default Can't compile slv2 library

Mathias Krause wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> to install LV2 for 64studio i just installed the package lv2core ...
>
> Then i took the slv2 library
> http://download.drobilla.net/slv2-0.6.6.tar.bz2 and did a
> ./waf configure
> ./waf
> ./waf install

3.0-beta3?

I did this 2 days ago:

$ ls /usr/src -l
drwxr-sr-x 12 spinymouse-sudo src 4096 2009-11-16 01:50 slv2-0.6.6

I'll repeat it now:

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6$ ./waf configure
Checking for program gcc : ok /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for program cpp : ok /usr/bin/cpp
Checking for program ar : ok /usr/bin/ar
Checking for program ranlib : ok /usr/bin/ranlib
Checking for gcc : ok
Checking for program g++ : ok /usr/bin/g++
Checking for g++ : ok
Checking for lv2core >= 1.0 :
error: the configuration failed (see
'/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6/build/config.log')

lv2core = 1.0 is installed

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6$ cat
/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6/build/config.log
# project slv2 (0.6.6) configured on Wed Nov 18 19:24:39 2009 by
# waf 1.5.6 (abi 7, python 20502f0 on linux2)
# using ./waf configure
#
Checking for program gcc

find program='gcc' paths=[] var='CC' -> '/usr/bin/gcc'

Checking for program cpp

find program='cpp' paths=[] var='CPP' -> '/usr/bin/cpp'

Checking for program ar

find program='ar' paths=[] var='AR' -> '/usr/bin/ar'

Checking for program ranlib

find program='ranlib' paths=[] var='RANLIB' -> '/usr/bin/ranlib'

Checking for gcc

Checking for program g++

find program='g++' paths=[] var='CXX' -> '/usr/bin/g++'

Checking for g++

Checking for lv2core >= 1.0

pkg-config --errors-to-stdout --print-errors --atleast-version=1.0
lv2core

*?*
Ralf

_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-19-2009, 07:21 AM
"Mathias Krause"
 
Default Can't compile slv2 library

Hi,

>> to install LV2 for 64studio i just installed the package lv2core ...
>>
>> Then i took the slv2 library
>> http://download.drobilla.net/slv2-0.6.6.tar.bz2 and did a
>> ./waf configure
>> ./waf
>> ./waf install
>
> 3.0-beta3?
>
> I did this 2 days ago:
>
> $ ls /usr/src -l
> drwxr-sr-x 12 spinymouse-sudo src 4096 2009-11-16 01:50
> slv2-0.6.6
>
> I'll repeat it now:
>
> spinymouse-sudo@64studio:/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6$ ./waf configure
> Checking for program gcc : ok /usr/bin/gcc
> Checking for program cpp : ok /usr/bin/cpp
> Checking for program ar : ok /usr/bin/ar
> Checking for program ranlib : ok /usr/bin/ranlib
> Checking for gcc : ok
> Checking for program g++ : ok /usr/bin/g++
> Checking for g++ : ok
> Checking for lv2core >= 1.0 :
> error: the configuration failed (see
> '/usr/src/slv2-0.6.6/build/config.log')
>
> lv2core = 1.0 is installed

oh ... now there's something coming to my mind:
I think i had to edit the waf-config file of slv2 and set the lv2core
version check to "1" instead of "1.0"...

i got it from this ticket:
http://dev.drobilla.net/ticket/419

can you try if this works for you?

Regards,
gizzmo
_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:17 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org