Old 11-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Frank Smith

Default M-Audio not playimg

Hi All
*I seem unable to connect jack to my 2496.
jack will start and so will Ardour but I cannot get any* sound into Ardour.
( I use inputs 9 and 10 which are the spdiff om this card)

This has been working for ages.

Jack messages give me this:

**************************************

jack poll table 1 = fd 5

alsa poll time out polled for * usecs

There is loads of this buy I cant cut and paste from the messages window!!

Any one any ideas what gone pear here?

Cheers
Bob

Old 11-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Frank Smith

Hi All
Just a bit of an update on this problem:
Also Ardour will open up the session but refuses to run the transport.

More output from jack:

JackProcessSync::LockedTimedWait error usec = 106660 err = Connection timed out

Jack: JackProcessSync::TimedWait finished delta = 106701.0
Jack: JackExternalClient::ClientNotify ref = 2 name = qjackctl notify = 2
Jack: JackClient::kActivateClient name = qjackctl ref = 2
Jack: WaitGraphChange...

Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...

Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...

Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
Jack: WaitGraphChange...
ALSA: poll time out, polled for 7999018 usecs

JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync: read error, skip cycle
ALSA: poll time out, polled for 7999020 usecs
JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync: read error, skip cycle
Jack: fPollTable i = 1 fd = 5
Jack: fPollTable i = 2 fd = 15

Any updates that I need to do to resolve this?* got a few multi tracks to master to this machine.

Cheers
Bob

Old 11-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Frank Smith

Hi All
Anybody else have the problem below?

If not I'll assume it's a hardware failure.

I noted a few comments on the Ubuntu sites that Pulse maybe missing the card due to naming the* channels.

Cheers
Bob

Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Daniel James

Hi Bob,

> I noted a few comments on the Ubuntu sites that Pulse maybe missing the
> card due to naming the channels.

I would recommend uninstalling the pulseaudio package if you intend to
use JACK seriously.

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 AM
rosea grammostola

Frank Smith wrote:
> Hi All
> Anybody else have the problem below?
>
> If not I'll assume it's a hardware failure.

My audiophile works ok here. 64studio doesn't have Pulse...

Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 AM
rosea grammostola

Old 11-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Mathias Krause

Frank Smith wrote:
> Hi All
> I seem unable to connect jack to my 2496.
> jack will start and so will Ardour but I cannot get any sound into
> Ardour.
> ( I use inputs 9 and 10 which are the spdiff om this card)
>
> This has been working for ages.
> Jack messages give me this:
>
> **************************************
>
> jack poll table 1 = fd 5
>
> alsa poll time out polled for * usecs
>
> There is loads of this buy I cant cut and paste from the messages window!!
>
> Any one any ideas what gone pear here?
>
> Cheers
> Bob

Did you set the number of channels for this card in Jack? If yes, set it
to default and let jack setup the number of channels ...

But if Jack really starts up with this card, there might be another
error ... do the analog inputs work?
I used this card some time ago, without having any problems...

cheers
gizzmo

Old 11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Frank Smith

HI Daniel and others.
May thanks for your replies.

This card has worked for me just a few weeks ago.

I'll try re-installing beta 3 next week and see what happens.
I tend to leave a working system alone which is why I was suprised when it all stopped

with the jack errors.

I will also make sure jack and Ardour are running all the defaults.
Thanks for your help

Bob