Old 11-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Mathias Krause

Default Problem with GNOME: The Settings Daemon restarted too many times

Hi all,

today, a new issue raised up on my system. When starting gnome, there
appears an error message:

--
There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work
correctly.

The Settings Daemon restarted too many times.

GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log
--

Then, the system is running very slow, with icons, different from the
ones I configured.

Which information do you need, to be able to help me?

Does anybody know, where this problem is located? I searched the NET but
didn't find a solution.

Regards,
mathias