FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > 64 Studio > 64 Studio User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Ralf Mardorf
 
Default libc6 conflicts

rosea grammostola wrote:
> Gustin Johnson wrote:
>
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> rosea grammostola wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>
>>> After a lit of experimenting in vbox, it seems I bumped up against an
>>> serious issue
>>>
>>> libc6-dev from Ubuntu seems to conflict with linux-libc-dev from
>>> 64studio (jaunty backport)
>>>
>>> Need to get 0B/3453kB of archives.
>>> After this operation, 13.7MB of additional disk space will be used.
>>> (Reading database ... 164776 files and directories currently installed.)
>>> Unpacking libc6-dev (from .../libc6-dev_2.9-4ubuntu6.1_i386.deb) ...
>>> dpkg: error processing
>>> /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.9-4ubuntu6.1_i386.deb (--unpack):
>>> trying to overwrite `/usr/include/scsi/scsi.h', which is also in
>>> package linux-libc-dev
>>> dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
>>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>>> /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.9-4ubuntu6.1_i386.deb
>>> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>>>
>>>
>>> I don't know if reporting this will helps the devs. I don't know if it's
>>> 'supposed' to conflict.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> The problem does not occur on a stock 64Studio install. It looks like
>> the naming nomenclature is different for this package with that
>> backports repository. Your only real option if you must use 3rd party
>> repositories is to do something called apt pinning.
>>
>
> I have this also on a stock 64studio install, when I want to build
> oomidi (openoctave)
>
> Writing extended state information... Done
> (Reading database ... 110539 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking libc6-dev (from .../libc6-dev_2.7-10ubuntu5_i386.deb) ...
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.7-10ubuntu5_i386.deb (--unpack):
> trying to overwrite `/usr/include/scsi/scsi.h', which is also in
> package linux-libc-dev
>

Hi

for my 64 Studio 3.0-beta3 x86_64 libc6-dev already was installed, I'm
sure that I didn't force to install any dev packages. Excepted for cmake
and kdebase-dev (and it's trillion of dependencies) I didn't need to
install something now.

I've got libc6-dev version 2.7-10ubuntu5, the latest available version
installed. And I've got linux-libc-dev version 2.6.24-25.63, also the
latest available version installed.

Is your computer architecture 32-bit or do you just prefer 32-bit
architecture? If possible try the 64-bit version of 64 Studio.

$ cd /usr/src
$ git clone git://68.150.160.199:9418/var/git/openoctave.git
$ cmake .
[snip]
Installation Summary
--------------------

Install Directory : /usr/local
Build type : Release
Use Qt/KDE precompiled headers: FALSE

Xft notation font support : TRUE
No LIRC support configured.

ALSA MIDI support : TRUE
JACK audio support : TRUE
LADSPA plugin support : TRUE
DSSI synth plugin support : TRUE
Custom OSC plugin GUI support : TRUE
Audio timestretching : TRUE
LRDF plugin metadata support : FALSE

* OpenOctave supports the LRDF metadata format for classification
of LADSPA and DSSI plugins. This will improve the usability of
plugin selection dialogs. You can obtain LRDF from
http://www.plugin.org.uk/lrdf/.

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /usr/src/openoctave
$ make
$ checkinstall
[snip]
Building Debian package... FAILED!
[snip]
$ sudo make install
$ openoctave -v
Qt: 3.3.8b
KDE: 3.5.10
Open Octave MIDI: 1.7.3

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ sudo -i
root@64studio:~# modprobe snd-hrtimer
root@64studio:~# chgrp audio /dev/hpet
root@64studio:~# logout
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ jackd -c h -dalsa -dhw:0 -r96000 -p512 -n2 -Xseq
jackdmp 1.9.3

When I chose HR Timer for the sequencer source the system hanged. I had
to push the reset button (didn't test magic keys). Sequencer source set
to auto seems to be fine. Another issue is, that I need to close Open
Octave's transporter window, otherwise I'm not able to see the main
window again. Playing (with nothing recorded) is fine.

Btw. Qtractor is fine with HR Timer.

Cheers,
Ralf
_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-09-2009, 02:58 PM
rosea grammostola
 
Default libc6 conflicts

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> rosea grammostola wrote:
>
>> Gustin Johnson wrote:
>>
>>
>>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>>> Hash: SHA1
>>>
>>> rosea grammostola wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> After a lit of experimenting in vbox, it seems I bumped up against an
>>>> serious issue
>>>>
>>>> libc6-dev from Ubuntu seems to conflict with linux-libc-dev from
>>>> 64studio (jaunty backport)
>>>>
>>>> Need to get 0B/3453kB of archives.
>>>> After this operation, 13.7MB of additional disk space will be used.
>>>> (Reading database ... 164776 files and directories currently installed.)
>>>> Unpacking libc6-dev (from .../libc6-dev_2.9-4ubuntu6.1_i386.deb) ...
>>>> dpkg: error processing
>>>> /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.9-4ubuntu6.1_i386.deb (--unpack):
>>>> trying to overwrite `/usr/include/scsi/scsi.h', which is also in
>>>> package linux-libc-dev
>>>> dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
>>>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>>>> /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.9-4ubuntu6.1_i386.deb
>>>> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I don't know if reporting this will helps the devs. I don't know if it's
>>>> 'supposed' to conflict.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> The problem does not occur on a stock 64Studio install. It looks like
>>> the naming nomenclature is different for this package with that
>>> backports repository. Your only real option if you must use 3rd party
>>> repositories is to do something called apt pinning.
>>>
>>>
>> I have this also on a stock 64studio install, when I want to build
>> oomidi (openoctave)
>>
>> Writing extended state information... Done
>> (Reading database ... 110539 files and directories currently installed.)
>> Unpacking libc6-dev (from .../libc6-dev_2.7-10ubuntu5_i386.deb) ...
>> dpkg: error processing
>> /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.7-10ubuntu5_i386.deb (--unpack):
>> trying to overwrite `/usr/include/scsi/scsi.h', which is also in
>> package linux-libc-dev
>>
>>
>
> Hi
>
> for my 64 Studio 3.0-beta3 x86_64 libc6-dev already was installed, I'm
> sure that I didn't force to install any dev packages. Excepted for cmake
> and kdebase-dev (and it's trillion of dependencies) I didn't need to
> install something now.
>
> I've got libc6-dev version 2.7-10ubuntu5, the latest available version
> installed. And I've got linux-libc-dev version 2.6.24-25.63, also the
> latest available version installed.
I have here:

~$ apt-cache policy linux-libc-dev
linux-libc-dev:
Installed: 2.6.31-3
Candidate: 2.6.31-3
Version table:
*** 2.6.31-3 0
500 http://apt.64studio.com hardy-backports/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
2.6.24-25.63 0
500 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com hardy-updates/main Packages
2.6.24-16.30 0
500 http://archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages


32bits


_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Ralf Mardorf
 
Default libc6 conflicts

>> I've got libc6-dev version 2.7-10ubuntu5, the latest available version
>> installed. And I've got linux-libc-dev version 2.6.24-25.63, also the
>> latest available version installed.
>>
> I have here:
>
> ~$ apt-cache policy linux-libc-dev
> linux-libc-dev:
> Installed: 2.6.31-3
> Candidate: 2.6.31-3
> Version table:
> *** 2.6.31-3 0
> 500 http://apt.64studio.com hardy-backports/main Packages
> 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> 2.6.24-25.63 0
> 500 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com hardy-updates/main Packages
> 2.6.24-16.30 0
> 500 http://archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages

I compiled a kernel 2.6.31 and it seems to be fine, but I didn't change
to linux-libc-dev 2.6.31. You should downgrade your version of
linux-libc-dev.

Your http://apt.64studio.com hardy-backports/main repository makes me
wonder. It's enabled for my 64 Studio 3.0-beta3 (64-bit) too, but
Synaptic don't show any linux-libc-dev supported by this repository.

Ralf
_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 
Old 11-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Ralf Mardorf
 
Default libc6 conflicts

>> ~$ apt-cache policy linux-libc-dev
>> linux-libc-dev:
>> Installed: 2.6.31-3
>> Candidate: 2.6.31-3
>> Version table:
>> *** 2.6.31-3 0
>> 500 http://apt.64studio.com hardy-backports/main Packages
>> 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>> 2.6.24-25.63 0
>> 500 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com hardy-updates/main Packages
>> 2.6.24-16.30 0
>> 500 http://archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
>>
My apt-cache output is:

# apt-cache policy linux-libc-dev
linux-libc-dev:
Installed: 2.6.24-25.63
Candidate: 2.6.24-25.63
Version table:
*** 2.6.24-25.63 0
500 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com hardy-updates/main Packages
500 http://security.ubuntu.com hardy-security/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
2.6.24-16.30 0
500 http://archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
_______________________________________________
64studio-users mailing list
64studio-users@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:01 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org