Old 11-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Jonathan Leonard

Default RME HDSPe AIO

Hi there, I am trying to get the RME HDSPe AIO working under 3.0 beta 3, but it is consistently misrecognized under 2.1 as well as an HDSPM MADI card.

lspci -n shows for the device:
02:00.0 0401: 10ee:3fc6 (rev d4)

Looking in /usr/share/misc/pci.ids

and /usr/share/apps/guidance/pcitables

Shows that the pci device id 10ee:3fc6 corresponds to HDSPM MADI and that snd-hdspm should be loaded.* Since the id the device presents to the bus cannot be changed I have tried modifying the above files to change the name for the device, and the corresponding module to be loaded.* However on reboot, nothing is changed.* I tried rmmod snd-hdspm and it says nope, its in use.* Does the kernel have its own table for pci devices and would a rebuild be necessary?

Anyone have any ideas how to make this card show up like the 9632 and load snd-hdsp?

Thanks,

jonathan adams leonard

Old 11-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Daniel James

Hi Jonathan,

> I am trying to get the RME HDSPe AIO working under 3.0 beta 3,
> but it is consistently misrecognized under 2.1 as well as an HDSPM MADI
> card.

Thanks for the report, I've opened a ticket for the bug:

http://trac.64studio.com/64studio/ticket/532

When our next beta is ready, I'd like to invite you to test this again.

Cheers!

Daniel