Old 10-31-2009, 10:51 AM
rosea grammostola

Default add passwd to sudo

Hi,

I like to enable the passwd for sudo. How should I do that?

Thanks in advance,

Old 10-31-2009, 11:48 AM
tim hall

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 12:51 +0100, rosea grammostola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like to enable the passwd for sudo. How should I do that?

sudo passwd

cheers,

tim
/|

Old 11-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Ralf Mardorf

> I believe that the password is cached for 15 minutes.

"Decrease the cache timeout:

You can set sudo to expire its password cache sooner than the default 15
minutes, by setting the timestamp_timeout option to something else in
/etc/sudoers." (http://www.wlug.org.nz/SudoHowto)

If I remember correctly there is at least a way to handle an "auto-"exit
for "su" by the bashrc, I guess http://www.wlug.org.nz/SudoHowto has
some hints how to enable this for sudo too. I didn't read it myself.