Old 01-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Dave Phillips

Default Request for packages

Chris Whitehouse wrote:
> Any chance of including LiVES http://lives.sourceforge.net/ or is there
> already a VJ program?

FWIW I've built LiVES on 64 Studio. Runs great, I like it.

> Also any chance of including projectM? http://projectm.sourceforge.net/

Hadn't heard of it before your message. Looks cool.

Best,

dp

Old 01-02-2008, 12:52 PM
tim hall

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Chris Whitehouse wrote:
>> Any chance of including LiVES http://lives.sourceforge.net/ or is there
>> already a VJ program?
>>
> FWIW I've built LiVES on 64 Studio. Runs great, I like it.

I believe there is a debian package available from debian-multimedia.org

I agree, it should be in 64 Studio.

cheers,

tim

Old 01-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Daniel James

Hi Dave, hi Chris,

>> Also any chance of including projectM? http://projectm.sourceforge.net/
>>
> Hadn't heard of it before your message. Looks cool.

I like the idea of running a live JACK mix into projectM and having it
trigger the visuals, outputting to a projector. I'm not aware of any
stand-alone mixing desk that can do that. Mind you, I still get excited
by a sound to light box with four coloured bulbs :-)

Happy new year!

Daniel

Old 01-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Dave Phillips

Daniel James wrote:
> I like the idea of running a live JACK mix into projectM and having it
> trigger the visuals, outputting to a projector. I'm not aware of any
> stand-alone mixing desk that can do that. Mind you, I still get
> excited by a sound to light box with four coloured bulbs :-)

Sometimes nothing but retro will do.

> Happy new year!
Same to you and everyone on the 64 Studio dev and users lists.

And thanks for a *great* Linux distribution ! 64 Studio rocks steady
into 2008 ...

Best always,

dp

Old 01-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Folderol

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 10:20:16 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphilp@linux-sound.org> wrote:

> Daniel James wrote:
> > I like the idea of running a live JACK mix into projectM and having it
> > trigger the visuals, outputting to a projector. I'm not aware of any
> > stand-alone mixing desk that can do that. Mind you, I still get
> > excited by a sound to light box with four coloured bulbs :-)
>

> Sometimes nothing but retro will do.

I'm really surprised that so far I've seen *no* software that does an
imaginative sound->light translation.

I don't have the programming capability myself otherwise I'd have
done it long ago!

As an example, what about things like generating fractal images with
the colours *and* shapes being determined by the frequencies,
amplitudes and overall envelopes of the sound source.

> > Happy new year!
> Same to you and everyone on the 64 Studio dev and users lists.

Wot 'e sed!

> And thanks for a *great* Linux distribution ! 64 Studio rocks steady
> into 2008 ...

Wot 'e sed agin

> Best always,
>
> dp