-   -   3.0 Alpha netjack? (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/225601-3-0-alpha-netjack.html)

Jarom√≠r MikeŇ° 01-10-2009 12:39 PM

3.0 Alpha netjack?

Hello,

Just trying get work two computers via netjack.
machine-1 2.1Studio 32bit etch/lenny
machine-2 3.0 Alpha release

I am using this how-to:
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2008-December/057169.html

machine-1
mira@64studio:~$ jackd -R -d net
jackd 0.116.1
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating net driver ... net_pcm|48000|1024|3000|2|2|transport_sync:1
Waiting for an incoming packet !!!
*** IMPORTANT *** Dont connect a client to jackd until the driver is attached to a clock source !!

machine-2
mira@64studio:~$ jackd -R -d net
jackdmp: unknown driver 'net'

Is jack package in 3.0 Alpha with netjack?

mira

Daniel James 01-13-2009 09:43 AM

3.0 Alpha netjack?

Hi Jarom√*r,

machine-2
mira@64studio:~$ jackd -R -d net
jackdmp: unknown driver 'net'

Is jack package in 3.0 Alpha with netjack?

It is jackd 1.80 (also known as jackdmp, or the forthcoming Jack 2).
This version may have been built without the netjack backend. We will
probably update to jackd 1.9.0 or later for the final 3.0 release.

Cheers!

Daniel

Jarom√≠r MikeŇ° 01-13-2009 11:49 AM

3.0 Alpha netjack?

< Hi Jarom√*r,
<
< > machine-2

< > mira@64studio:~$ jackd -R -d net
< > jackdmp: unknown driver 'net'
< >
< > Is jack package in 3.0 Alpha with netjack?
<
< It is jackd 1.80 (also known as jackdmp, or the forthcoming Jack 2).
< This version may have been built without the netjack backend. We will
< probably update to jackd 1.9.0 or later for the final 3.0 release.
<

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for explanation I've been a bit confused by this new version numbers ... :-)
Actually there is jackd 1.8+0.71-0.64studio2~hardy1 package installed by default on 3.0 Alpha.
There are also unistalled packages:

jackdbus 1.8+0.71-0.64studio2~hardy1
jakdmp 1.8+0.71-0.64studio1

both from same repo apt.64studio.com.

Is there any benefit to install them?
Their description in synaptic didn't answer me clearly.

Can jackd have a conflict with jackdmp?
(Synaptic jackd -> properties->tab dependencies)

Cheers

mira

Daniel James 01-13-2009 12:50 PM

3.0 Alpha netjack?

Hi Jarom√*r,

Actually there is jackd 1.8+0.71-0.64studio2~hardy1 package installed by
default on 3.0 Alpha.

In anticipation of the jack 2 release, jackdmp 0.7.x has been renamed
(and numbered) jack 1.8 and up. The latest release of jackdmp has been
named and numbered jack 1.9.0, which you can find here:

http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp.html

Can jackd have a conflict with jackdmp?
(Synaptic jackd -> properties->tab dependencies)

You don't need both installed at the same time.

Cheers!

Daniel