Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Tapani Sysimetsä

Default Installing HOLAP audio plugins in 64 studio 2.1

Hi,

Josep Andreu has written a nice set of new DSSI and LADSPA audio
plugins; including exciter, harmonizer, wah, delay, chorus, eq's,
phaser, and (a superb) reverb. Many thanks to him.

”Most of this LADSPA plugins are based on the wonderful ZynAddsubFx
synthesizer (Paul Nasca) set of effects. I allways want to thanks Paul
Nasca for his work because I've been through the entry into the world of
audio programming.” (Josep Andreu)

Below is my how-to for installing those plugins in 64 Studio, because I
found the installation procedure quite complicated. If you have any
corrections or improvements, please tell.

There's more info on HOLAP's page:
http://holap.berlios.de/index.html
and LAU mailing list archive:
http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2008/12/0407.html

###

INSTALLING HOLAP AUDIO PLUGINS IN 64 STUDIO 2.1

# as root:

apt-get install cvs

cvs -dserver:anonymous@cvs.holap.berlios.de:/cvsroot/holap login
# (no password needed, just press enter)

cvs -z3 -dserver:anonymous@cvs.holap.berlios.de:/cvsroot/holap co holap

# you will need libtool 2.2.6a-1, which is available in Debian experimental
# repostories. It did not have any dependencies when I installed it, only
# one package was needed.

# libtool 2.2.6a-1 for 64-bit:

wget
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libt/libtool/libtool_2.2.6a-1_amd64.deb

dpkg -i libtool_2.2.6a-1_amd64.deb

# libtool 2.2.6a-1 for 32-bit:

wget
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libt/libtool/libtool_2.2.6a-1_i386.deb

dpkg -i libtool_2.2.6a-1_i386.deb

# Each plugin has to be installed separately. However, if you copy and
# paste all lines below to terminal, you may be lucky to install them
all at

# once. (And perhaps there is also a more simple way to do it. I'm not so
# good with this kind of stuff. Any improvements are welcome.) Of course,
# you can play more safe by copying it line by line...

cd holap
cd exciter
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd harmonizer
./autogen.sh
./configure –prefix=/usr
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd harmonizer_l
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd musicaldelay
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd zynalienwah
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd zynchorus
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd zyneq3par
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd zyneq10band
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd zynphaser
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd zynreverb
./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd ..

###

Happy New Year!

Tapani

www.sysimetsa.urli.net

Old 01-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Daniel James

Hi Tapani,

This is an excellent how-to, would you like to post it on the website?

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Tapani Sysimetsä

Daniel James wrote:

Hi Tapani,

This is an excellent how-to, would you like to post it on the website?

Cheers!

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yes I can, but could somebody else also confirm that this really works?
I've been told that there are problems with installation on 32-bit.

Especially, is it needed to run ./configure --prefix=/usr

or is ./configure enough?

Also autoconf and automake have to be installed first? And perhaps
autotools-dev too?

Tapani

Old 01-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Tapani Sysimets

Gustin Johnson wrote:

I would not recommend --prefix=/usr
By default a locally built packages are put in /usr/local. Adding the
prefix option changes this behaviour. I am of the opinion that only
dpkg managed packages should be put in to /usr. Of course if you are
building a package then that prefix is appropriate.

Also autoconf and automake have to be installed first? And perhaps
autotools-dev too?

Autoconf and automake should be installed.

OK, thanks Gustin. But when I first tried with ./configure only, the
plugins did not appear in Ardour or any other application. It only
happened after running ./configure --prefix=/usr

But maybe I did some other mistake, my installation procedure was quite
hit-and-miss.

So, if this new version of the how-to works (please confirm somebody),
i'll put it on the forum:

###

INSTALLING HOLAP AUDIO PLUGINS IN 64 STUDIO 2.1

# as root:

apt-get install autoconf automake cvs

Old 01-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Jaromír Mikeš

< Gustin Johnson wrote:
< > I would not recommend --prefix=/usr
< > By default a locally built packages are put in /usr/local. Adding the
< > prefix option changes this behaviour. I am of the opinion that only
< > dpkg managed packages should be put in to /usr. Of course if you are
< > building a package then that prefix is appropriate.
< >
< >
< >> Also autoconf and automake have to be installed first? And perhaps

< >> autotools-dev too?
< >>
< >>
<
< OK, thanks Gustin. But when I first tried with ./configure only, the
< plugins did not appear in Ardour or any other application. It only
< happened after running ./configure --prefix=/usr
<
< But maybe I did some other mistake, my installation procedure was quite
< hit-and-miss.
<
< So, if this new version of the how-to works (please confirm somebody),
< i'll put it on the forum:
<
<
< ###
<
[...]

Hello Tapani,

missing package was libfltk1.1-dev for my 2.1 64Studio 32bit ech/lenny mixed installation.
Now it is installed and working fine just simple ./configure

Still having troubles on my second machine ... fresh installation of 64Studio 3.0 Alpha.

After ./configure I getting errors :
./configure: line 17740: syntax error near unexpected token `MODULE,'
./configure: line 17740: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MODULE, dssi >= 0.4 liblo >= 0.12)'

I already asked on [LAU] I will report.

Cheers

mira

Old 01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 01-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Jaromír Mikeš

< <snip>
< > missing package was libfltk1.1-dev for my 2.1 64Studio 32bit ech/lenny
< > mixed installation.
< > Now it is installed and working fine just simple ./configure
< >
< > Still having troubles on my second machine ... fresh installation of
< > 64Studio 3.0 Alpha.
< >
< > After ./configure I getting errors :
< > ./configure: line 17740: syntax error near unexpected token `MODULE,'
< > ./configure: line 17740: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MODULE, dssi >= 0.4 liblo >=
< > 0.12)'
< >
< > I already asked on [LAU] I will report.
< >
< You are probably missing the dssi-dev package. The other option is to
< disable dssi support. Likely there is a ./configure flag for this.
<
< Hth,

Hello Gustin,

I've already succeed install this bundle on one machine with 2.1 64studio 32bit etch/lenny system
On second machine with 3.0 Alpha realese having this problem.
I have dssi-dev installed ... I already disabled this line `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MODULE, < dssi >= 0.4 liblo >= 0.12)'
in configure.ac after Josep's (author) advice.
and ./configure was running well then.
But then there was problem with make ... try the link if you are interested.

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2009-January/057704.html

I think some of plugins from this bundle are dependent directly on dssi ...not sure... at least exciter I guess.
So it is possible just disable dssi ...again ... not sure.

Thanks for trying help

mira

Old 01-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Jaromír Mikeš

< ------------ Původn* zpráva ------------
< < > missing package was libfltk1.1-dev for my 2.1 64Studio 32bit ech/lenny
< < > mixed installation.
< < > Now it is installed and working fine just simple ./configure
< < >
< < > Still having troubles on my second machine ... fresh installation of
< < > 64Studio 3.0 Alpha.
< < >
< < > After ./configure I getting errors :
< < > ./configure: line 17740: syntax error near unexpected token `MODULE,'
< < > ./configure: line 17740: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MODULE, dssi >= 0.4 liblo >=
< < > 0.12)'
< < >
< < > I already asked on [LAU] I will report.
< < >
< < You are probably missing the dssi-dev package. The other option is to
< < disable dssi support. Likely there is a ./configure flag for this.
< <
< < Hth,
<
Hello Gustin,

I've already succeed install this bundle on one machine with 2.1 64studio 32bit
etch/lenny system
On second machine with 3.0 Alpha realese having this problem.
I have dssi-dev installed ... I already disabled this line
`PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MODULE, < dssi >= 0.4 liblo >= 0.12)'
in configure.ac after Josep's (author) advice.
and ./configure was running well then.
But then there was problem with make ... try the link if you are interested.

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2009-January/057704.html

I think some plugins from this bundle are dependent directly on dssi ...not
sure... at least exciter I guess.
So it is not possible probably just disable dssi ...again ... not sure.

Thanks for trying help

mira

edited typo
So it is not possible probably just disable dssi ...again ... not sure.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Gustin Johnson