-   -   Version 3 and lightweight window managers (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/199647-version-3-lightweight-window-managers.html)

Rua Haszard Morris 11-25-2008 06:31 PM

Version 3 and lightweight window managers

When I first started playing around with 64studio I often would apt-get fluxbox and some other WMs under the impression that I would prefer them, and it was easy to set up - just add the appropriate debian repository (the one that corresponds to the 64studio dist), apt-get install the wms you want, and they are added to the options in GDM, where you can also set which one you want to be the default.

So I _think_ (haven't tried in a while) that using fluxbox with 64studio is very straightforward to set up, give it a try...

btw, since playing around with WMs became addicted to GNOME and its simplicity, and rough equivalence with other OS window managers/desktops, especially for things like drag/drop.

have fun
Rua HM.
--
http://myspace.com/haszari