-   -   External USB HD HFS+ (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/198499-external-usb-hd-hfs.html)

Jaromír Mikeš 11-23-2008 08:58 PM

External USB HD HFS+

Hello,

I can't write on external usb hard disk with HFS+ file system.
Can somebody advice me which package install to get it works pls?
Thanks in advance.

M.

Ralf Mardorf 11-23-2008 10:29 PM

External USB HD HFS+

Jarom*r Mikeš wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't write on external usb hard disk with HFS+ file system.
> Can somebody advice me which package install to get it works pls?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> M.

hfsplus

http://ftp.cz.debian.org/debian/pool/main/h/hfsplus/hfsplus_1.0.4-12_i386.deb
http://ftp.cz.debian.org/debian/pool/main/h/hfsplus/hfsplus_1.0.4-12_amd64.deb

Or you simply run synaptic and search for hfs and then install hfsplus.

Ralf Mardorf 11-23-2008 10:36 PM

External USB HD HFS+

http://www.digipedia.pl/man/hfsplus.7.html

Jaromír Mikeš 11-24-2008 12:00 AM

External USB HD HFS+

Hello,

Thanks for quick reply.
Actually a have hfsplus_1.0.4-12 already installed and also libhfsp0_1.0.4-12, but when external HD is mounted it is just for reading. :-(

M.

< ------------ Původn* zpráva ------------
< >> I can't write on external usb hard disk with HFS+ file system.
< >> Can somebody advice me which package install to get it works pls?
< >> Thanks in advance.
< >>
< >> M.
< >>
< >
< > hfsplus
< >
<

Ralf Mardorf 11-24-2008 02:06 AM

External USB HD HFS+

Have you tested hfsplus with another distro too?

If you only have 64 Studio, than what will happen, if you try to write
as root?

Jaromír Mikeš 11-24-2008 07:07 AM

External USB HD HFS+

< Have you tested hfsplus with another distro too?
<

No,I have no another distro installed.
I will try it with my notebook soon, but there is 64studio too.

< If you only have 64 Studio, than what will happen, if you try to write
< as root?

I've tried .. same result ... same message ... "File system is read-only" ...

Ralf Mardorf 11-24-2008 04:00 PM

External USB HD HFS+

Jarom*r Mikeš wrote:
> < Have you tested hfsplus with another distro too?
> <
>
> No,I have no another distro installed.
> I will try it with my notebook soon, but there is 64studio too.
>

> < If you only have 64 Studio, than what will happen, if you try to write
> < as root?
>
> I've tried .. same result ... same message ... "File system is read-only" ...

Hi Jarom*r :)

I'm not using a Mac formated HD, but I once used a FAT USB HD without
problems. I can't use DVDRAMs with 64 Studio, but they are fine when I
run Suse. Even if you can't write as superuser, what are the permissions
for the USB HD folder?

Cooey list :)

nobody using HFS+ or even better HFS+ for an USB HD with any Linux?

Cheers,
Ralf

Ralf Mardorf 11-24-2008 04:14 PM

External USB HD HFS+

There must be somewhere a script for USB auto-mount settings. I guess
you have to take care to write by using the right matrix, e.g. uft or
iso, which signs are allowed. If you would name a Linux file name by
using "/" or "*" by writing from another OS, you might damage the Linux
file system and reading man hfsplus there seems to be a default setting
for ":" and "/" if you will have access to HFS+ by Linux, but maybe
there's the need to edit something to get write access.

Have you searched by http://www.google.com/linux?

Keywords might be hfsplus, HAL, automount, USB, write etc..

Ralf Mardorf 11-24-2008 04:17 PM

External USB HD HFS+

There might be http://www.google.cz/linux too.

Ralf Mardorf 11-24-2008 04:20 PM