Old 10-29-2008, 11:16 PM
"Christian"

Default Jconv should be part of the next 64 Studio release

Hi Fons and all others,
Many thanks for your explanation. I will go ahead and download the reverb now and give it a try.
I am running Ubuntu Hardy as my OS and I will be using BRLTTY for the console. BRLTTY is the screen reader for the console so not going to use a gnome terminal. I cant wait to try it now!
So then i can simply just plg in a microphone or whatever and start using it?
Best regards and thanks,
Christian

Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 PM
"Christian"

Hi again,
Just a question. Do i just need to download the jconv package?
I understand that i need to download some waves as well.
many thanks,
Christian

Old 10-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Hi Christian

I was to tired when I tested jconv and wrote the howto. You have to read
the README files yourself. maybe you can do a wet/dry mix by a Jconf
config file, but maybe you need to use a virtual mixer or you just
connect system:capture direct to systemlayback without changing the
other connections. I've done it by using a mixing console outside the
studio in the box.

You must download and compile jack_snapshot too, resp. maybe it's in the
Hardy repositories too. There might be a way to do connections without
jack_snapshot by a terminal, but I don't know how to do this. Maybe Orca
is fine with QjackCtl.

Cheers,
Ralf