Old 10-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Braille and Orca

Shit :S

there might be a second problem.

Thank you Daniel for http://trac.64studio.com/64studio/ticket/445.

Orca is installed by default for my 64 Studio upgraded to Lenny (without
brltty, but this is in the repositories), that's why I recommended
Christian to give 64 Studio a chance, when he posted a problem on the
Ardour users list. I didn't thought about that I wasn't running my
default install.

I booted my 64 Studio 2.1 default install and couldn't find Orca. Orca
is in the Lenny repository, I didn't try to install it for my 64 Studio
2.1 Etch, maybe this could cause trouble.

Sorry Christian, I didn't thought about this.

Have I oversight Orca for the Etch install, is there an alternative to
Orca, maybe by installing KDE?

Cheers,
Ralf

Old 10-27-2008, 12:48 PM
"Christian"

Hi Ralf,
There is currently no screen reader package available for KDE at this time. Orca is the only and best screen reader for the Gnome desktop and is being developed all the time.
Best regards,
Christian

Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Christian wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
> There is currently no screen reader package available for KDE at this time. Orca is the only and best screen reader for the Gnome desktop and is being developed all the time.
> Best regards,
> Christian

I'll try to get Orca for the 64 Studio default install right now and
will report later. I can't test if it will be fine with braille, but I
can find out if it will be easy to include.