Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Linux MIDI sequencers - Take II - MTC seems to be buggy for my Linux

Daniel James wrote:
> We use this app on the Indamixx, it works well.

Hi Daniel

can you please try to sync an application running on Indamixx synced by
MTC, to an application running on a PC, or running an application on one
PC synced by MTC, to an application running on another PC?

Or can anybody try this, resp. try to sync any kind of external
equipment e.g. an Atari or drumcomputer to any Linux application?

Note:

Linux applications or external MIDI equipment might need 2 seconds to be
in sync.

Take a look at the behaviour after winding. Are the application always
at the same bar or is there sometimes a shift?

I made another test and I will do some more tests, but it seems to be,
that MTC for ALSA MIDI sometimes is fine and sometimes not. Maybe it's
my mobo, maybe it's Linux. I don't think it's anything else, but I'll
check out some things too, like using other MIDI ports and cables and
not only the Atari ST, I also will try different kernels and applications.

Cheers,
Ralf