Old 10-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default The Non Sequencer or any other JACK MIDI sequencer

has anybody tested the Non Sequencer with 64 Studio?

Because of my troubles (with 64 Studio 2.1 and Suse 11.0, when using
Rosegarden or MusE) I checked out the Non Sequencer with Suse 11.0.
It's back to the level of Gerhard Lengeling's early 80ies C64 sequencers=
=2E

I tested the Non Sequencer with Suse, because Suse supports the newest
kernel-rt of 2.6.26.

kernel-rt 2.6.25.16-0.1
jack 0.109.2-36.1
qjackctl 0.3.3.6 (this version is able to display the first alias for
the client/port names, when using the JACK MIDI/ALSA MIDI bridge)
non-sequencer 1.9.3 git {ab3f103}

The Non Sequencer was compiled with LASH, but I didn't use LASH.

There are some problems. The first serious problem is, that I only can
use one pattern. I don't know how to use other patterns. It seems to be,
that the function to choose another pattern isn't fine, but maybe I
handle it incorrect.

Is the Non Sequencer working fine for someone? If so, is it running on
64-bit hardware?

I think there's only one other JACK MIDI sequencer, I can check out
next. Is somebody using any sequencer using JACK MIDI instead of ALSA MID=
I?

The default 64 Studio 2.1 just comes with ALSA MIDI sequencers, I think
for most cases this will be the best choice, but maybe someone tested
JACK MIDI too. For those who only knows the 64 Studio 2.1 QjackCtl. The
MIDI tab there is for ALSA MIDI, it's not JACK MIDI.

Cheers,
Ralf