Old 09-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Help for someone in the forums

http://www.64studio.com/node/708#comment-2991

I won't answer because I'm not sure. IMO he will have less trouble when
checking the Md5 of his install media and doing a new install. I know
much about unstable Linux but also an on-board sound device should
be able to play a PCM, there's no codec needed and no pro-audio device
and AbiWord isn't something like Cinelerra. If it's not only AbiWord,
but more standard applications like this, repairing the install might
be not a good idea.

If he does installs he should take care if the package management will
remove any packages, if so, he should contact the forum or better the
list before executing such an install.

For me this sound like he hasn't bad hardware or just a little bit to
repair, he might has a complete broken install, maybe by accident.

Shit happens!

Because of my Linux DAWs I shouldn't be the one to give advices if
something is broken for 64 Studio.

Cheers,

Ralf