Old 08-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Jürgen Schöneberg

Default Multimedia key bindings for envy24 control solved

On Friday 29 August 2008 16:42, you wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> > The multimedia keys on my Logitech keyboard are somehow connected to
> > the soundblaster card. So I can control the Volume via these keys.
> > (I can see this in alsamixergui)
> >
> > how can I connect these keys (Volume higher/lower, Mute) to the envy24
> > control utility 0.6.0 for the M-audio card?
>
> I don't know that envy24control has any keyboard shortcuts, at least I
> never noticed any.
>
> The multimedia keys are probably working via the hotkey-setup package
> (http://packages.debian.org/stable/hotkey-setup) which does the same job
> for laptop volume keys.
>
> Sorry not to be more helpful!
>
> Daniel

Hello!

thank you for the tip with hotkeys

now I have something working with amixer and hotkeys

I have a shell script called envy24volume.sh to control the second soundcard
with amixer:
e.g:

#!/bin/sh
if [ $1 == 'm' ]; then
amixer -c 2 set Multi,0 mute
amixer -c 2 set Multi,1 mute
else
amixer -c 2 set Multi,0 unmute
amixer -c 2 set Multi,1 unmute
amixer -c 2 set DAC,0 1$1
amixer -c 2 set DAC,1 1$1
fi

and added in /usr/share/hotkeys/itouch.def the lines

<userdef keycode="160" command="binpath/envy24volume.sh m">Mute</userdef>
<userdef keycode="174" command="binpath/envy24volume.sh -">VolDown</userdef>
<userdef keycode="176" command="binpath/envy24volume.sh +">VolUp</userdef>

this works fine for Mute/Volume Up/Volume down now!

thank you
Jürgen