Old 08-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default The 64 Studio kernel and MIDI jitter, libart-2.0-2 and libart-2.0-dev

Hi Free

thank you very much.

Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> [...]
>
> To get backported -dev packages you have to enable the etch backports
> repository:
>
> deb http://apt.64studio.com/backports etch-backports main
>
> The libart-2.0-dev_2.3.19-3~bpo.1 package should be there as well:
>
> http://apt.64studio.com/backports/pool/main/liba/libart-lgpl/

I guess Synaptic had some trouble to find this package, even when I just
enabled this repository. I'll try again or simply get it without using
Synaptic.

> Unfortunatel including these -dev packages in the official APT repo
> and ISO would increase a lot its size, because of all the needed
> dependences.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Free

Before I go on with being a "crash" test dummy by doing my song, I now
will try to compile Rosegarden before going on. I change my opinion.
When doing this today, maybe I can ally this by doing something against
the MIDI jitter.

I got some information from Rui, from the Jack dev list for Suse, but I
prefer to use 64 Studio, see the mail below.

Are there any hints for the 64 Studio kernel?

Cheers,
Ralf

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> > big question then is whether you have those kernels configured with
> > CONFIG_HZ=1000 (1000Hz) or CONFIG_HZ=250 as is the default. the latter
> > is in deed prone to the jitter you're complaining
> >
> > i'm also an opensuse user but i often do build my own kernel-rt
> > images, even though i still source them from the opensuse
> > kernel-source.src.rpm, mostly because they come with HZ=250 from the
> > factory
> >
> > look here for the hints
> > http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/38
> >
> > byee

Thank you very much Rui

I'll take a look at your hints. At the moment I try to leave 64 Studio
default, but running with another version of Rosegarden, because 64
Studio seems to be more stable than Suse 11.0 on my machine. I'll check
out the advices for Suse too, but not at the moment. But with your
information, I'll asked Free from the 64 Studio list, if there are some
hints for 64 Studio too.

Cheers,
Ralf