Old 08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default 64 Studio default installation

Hi

my 64 Studio 2.1 "default without Lenny" is set up for the moment. Today
or tomorrow I'll go on with my song. I'm using GNOME instead of KDE,
that really has got some advantages for some GUIs.

To solve my troubles with the mix I'm using JackEQ. I wasn't able to
compile any mixer myself, because I won't upgrade packages to Lenny, but
also, e.g. for JackMaster, because of other complications.

Compiling jack_snapshot was fine.

I'm missing some applications that I don't need, but that should be part
of an audio distribution, e.g. Hexter, Rakarrack.

I didn't do the Etch security upgrades, but I installed some
applications with the 64 Studio stable, Etch and Etch security
repositories enabled.

I'm missing repositories, there should be something like Packman for
Debian, resp. Packman is also for Debian, but with no or less packages.

Is there an application for GNOME that enables to change the colours for
the themes?

I can't say if my troubles are solved now, I had good luck with
repairing a song made with an older version of Rosegarden, that wasn't
fine with the 64 Studio's version.

Cheers,
Ralf