Old 08-14-2008, 05:35 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default GIG sample player as plugin for Rosegarden

Hi

as long as my Linux have trouble with the timing for MIDI events, when
playing virtual instruments that aren't plugins (and maybe external MIDI
devices, I didn't test it), I'm looking for virtual instruments as plugins.

I don't think there will be a plugin that can play Hydrogen's Drumkits,
but maybe there is a plugin that can use GIG samples.

QSynth can't play MIDI events in time, the DSSI Fluidsynth seems to be
able to do it, that's why I guess that a plugin for Linuxsampler,
instead of QSampler, might also have no problems with that fluctuations
in timing I reported.

Cheers,
Ralf