-   -   GIG sample player as plugin for Rosegarden (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/142746-gig-sample-player-plugin-rosegarden.html)

Ralf Mardorf 08-14-2008 05:35 AM

GIG sample player as plugin for Rosegarden

Hi :)

as long as my Linux have trouble with the timing for MIDI events, when
playing virtual instruments that aren't plugins (and maybe external MIDI
devices, I didn't test it), I'm looking for virtual instruments as plugins.

I don't think there will be a plugin that can play Hydrogen's Drumkits,
but maybe there is a plugin that can use GIG samples.

QSynth can't play MIDI events in time, the DSSI Fluidsynth seems to be
able to do it, that's why I guess that a plugin for Linuxsampler,
instead of QSampler, might also have no problems with that fluctuations
in timing I reported.

Cheers,
Ralf