Old 08-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Daniel James

Default Trouble with realtime - Take 2

Hi Ralf,

> QJackCtl's latencies for the "more unstable" (because there was the need
> for a KDE upgrade) 64 Studio are 26.1ms and for the more stable Suse
> 11.0 46.4ms at the moment.

That's a lot of latency for a MIDI instrument, I'm not surprised you can
hear it. I generally record live audio at about 10ms, but if I was doing
multitrack MIDI with overdubs, I'd be looking to get the latency down to
the low single figures (in milliseconds).

Is there any reason why you can't use the MIDI socket on your EWX 24/96?
I'd expect better sync performance than when using two different interfaces.

Cheers!

Daniel