Old 08-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Jürgen Schöneberg

Default upgrade 64studio with iceweasel 3.0.1-1 testing

Hello!

I want to upgrade to iceweasel 3.0.1-1

I'm using 64studio 2.0.0 together with repositories of debian etch, lenny
and 64studio testing.

when I select the newer iceweasel package in synaptic I get the message that
the following packages will be removed:

64studio-skel
firefox
iceweasel-l10n-de (and other languages)

is it dangerous for my system to remove the package 64studio-skel or can I do
it without trouble?

thanks !

Jürgen

Old 08-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Daniel James

Hi Jürgen,

> is it dangerous for my system to remove the package 64studio-skel or can I do
> it without trouble?

It shouldn't be dangerous, but you will lose some of the tweaks that we
make to Debian to make it work better for multimedia. In Synaptic, take
a look at the files contained in the package (select the package, click
the Properties icon, then the Installed Files tab). Then you'll see what
you would be missing :-)

Cheers!

Daniel