Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 AM
"Mike Baas"

Default midi recording - monitoring playback

I setup a RoseGarden MIDI channel to trigger a soundfound using FluidSynth DSSI.* The midi notes record just fine and playback just fine.* But as I am tracking the midi notes live, I cannot hear two sounds simultaneously played at once.* It is as if I have zero polyphony.* Again, on playback, it is fine.* Any ideas what might be causing this?

I am using an RME Hammerfall 9652 and a USB midi patchbay.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Quentin Harley

Mike Baas wrote:
> I setup a RoseGarden MIDI channel to trigger a soundfound using
> FluidSynth DSSI. The midi notes record just fine and playback just
> fine. But as I am tracking the midi notes live, I cannot hear two
> sounds simultaneously played at once. It is as if I have zero
> polyphony. Again, on playback, it is fine. Any ideas what might be
> causing this?

Strange... Did you try to connect the midi input directly to the
FluidSynth as a test? If that works, you could turn off SW monitoring
in Rosegarden, and play straight though jack while recording the same
via rosegarden.

PS: Cannot wait for Ardour 3.0's midi capabilities.

Cheers,
Quentin