Old 07-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Reaper & Ardour 2.5

quentin@64studio.com wrote:
> Uninstall and reinstall of reaper should be as easy as in windows. You
> might even just install the new over the old...
>
> Quentin

I'll make a backup of .wine before, if it's not needed I'll delete it
. By the way, I have Reaper since 30 days, without having tested it
, I guess it will be okay if I'll test it 30 days and decide than if
I'll buy it or not.

Right now scons is ready.

64studio:/home/spinymouse/Desktop/tmp/ardour-2.5# scons install
[...]
scons: done building targets.
64studio:/home/spinymouse/Desktop/tmp/ardour-2.5# exit
spinymouse@64studio:~$ ardour2

Yes, there is Ardour 2.5 (built from revision 3225)

Making a K-Menu item and a desktop item /usr/bin/ardour2 named Ardour
2.4.1 and the items for /usr/local/bin/ardour2 named Ardour 2.5 and it
works.

Hm, for Synaptic the installed version is 2.4.1 (built from revision
3243), what will happen to 2.5 if I will change some dependencies?

I later will test what's about liblame0 and tzhe other removed packages.

Thank you Tapani and Quentin.

Cheers,
Ralf