Old 07-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default This might be interesting for the work on 64 Studio 3.0

quentin@64studio.com wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> Cinelerra is not officially part of 64 Studio... it has to many ugly
> dependencies.
>
> Works fine on my system though - but on Gnome.
Hi Quentin

even if it's not officially part, it should be taken care that Cinelerra
can be used stable. Does it work with the stable 64 Studio 2.1 and Gnome
or is Cinelerra stable on a 64 Studio Lenny and Gnome on your system?

As you can read in my Ardour 2.5 mail, Cinelerra is removed, maybe I
installed to many aubio packages and maybe I can reinstall Cinelerra
without any trouble after Ardour 2.5 is fine.

When 64 Studio 3.0 is released, I won't do an update, but a complete new
installation. At the moment there is no need for Cinelerra, I will try
to do all the stuff I have to do for 64 Studio and to partition a hard
disk today, so that I can make music as from tomorrow.

It looks like that I only have to wait for Ardour 2.5, than I have to
update Reaper, to partition the hard disk, make some tests with the hard
disk because of some troubles and than I have August to make music.

I won't buy a NVidia in August, because I don't wont to risk, to run
into troubles and if I need Cinelerra, I will use Suse 11.0. August is
for making music with 64 Studio. I hope I'll get no troubles because of
the removed liblame0 for Ardour .

Old 07-31-2008, 11:04 AM

Simply reinstall the removed packages after the new ardour has installed.

Cheers,
Quentin