Old 07-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Ardour 2.5

Hi Tapani

and after changing sources.list Synaptic is still fine, it's possible to
enable all repositories again, nothing is lost?
I wonder about all that empty lines and that in sources list aren't all
repositories I have for Synaptic.

I guess it will be safe to do it your way and that there is still
another list for Synaptic and the documentations in the net are for
older versions of Synaptic.

I will enable all repositories from Synaptic and delete all repositories
in sources.list now and copy Quentin's repositories. Kate will do a
backup of the old list, if something will go wrong, I hope this backup
is enough to restore the list for synaptic.

Thank you,
Ralf

Old 07-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Tapani Sysimetsä

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi Tapani
>
> and after changing sources.list Synaptic is still fine, it's possible to
> enable all repositories again, nothing is lost?
> I wonder about all that empty lines and that in sources list aren't all
> repositories I have for Synaptic.

Yes, it's possible to enable all repos again. But you have to DISABLE
all the repos in Synaptic, and don't delete anything from
/etc/apt/sources.list, just put # in front of all repos not included in
Quentin's list! And Synaptic will pick up the enabled repos
automatically from /etc/apt/sources.list.

If you are unsure, you can make a backup of /etc/apt/sources.list first.

Tapani

Old 07-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Ralf Mardorf

I copied all repositories from the howto and run ...

# apt-get update
[...]
# apt-get build-dep ardour
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Build-dependencies for ardour could not be satisfied.
# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
deb http://apt.64studio.com/64studio/testing/ 64studio main
deb-src http://apt.64studio.com/64studio/testing/ 64studio main
deb http://apt.64studio.com/backports/ etch-backports main
deb http://apt.harleystudio.co.za/ etch main

I added an empty line after the last repository for the next try, some
OS need this for some files, I don't know if there's the need to do this
in this case:

/etc/apt# mv sources.list~ sources.list.bak
/etc/apt# kate sources.list
# apt-get update
[...]
# apt-get build-dep ardour
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Build-dependencies for ardour could not be satisfied.

What's wrong?

All repositories for synaptic are enabled, I deleted the strange old
sources.list, added the repositories from the howto, run apt.get update
and got the error "Build-dependencies for ardour could not be satisfied.".

Old 07-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Tapani Sysimetsä

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> What's wrong?
>
> All repositories for synaptic are enabled

Did you try to first disable all repos from synaptic? (Yes, you can
enable them afterwards.)

Tapani

Old 07-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Sorry, "All repositories for synaptic are enabled" is a typing error,
they are all disabled.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Tapani Sysimetsä wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> What's wrong?
>>
>> All repositories for synaptic are enabled
>>

> Did you try to first disable all repos from synaptic? (Yes, you can
> enable them afterwards.)
>

> Tapani

I've seen this, it's just a typo , they are disabled.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Tapani Sysimetsä

Hmm, I'm out of ideas now... I did this Ardour upgrade with Lenny based
64-Studio, and used Lenny repos with Quentin's own, and i was lucky.

Can anybody who has stable 64-Studio install help Ralf?

Tapani

Old 07-31-2008, 09:19 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I've seen this, it's just a typo , they are disabled.

Correction:

1. I lost my old repositories for Synaptic.
2. Some repositories are disabled and 2 times in the list.
3. I guess this has to do with /etc/apt/sources.list.d and sources.list
4. The once I copied into sources.list are enabled for synaptic, I'll
disable them now.
5. I guess I'll have the old repositories in the backup of the
sources.list and the once that were missing there also seems to be the
once in /etc/apt/sources.list.d.
6. I guess after disabling the actual repositories from Synaptic, they
also will be disabled in sources.list.

I'll report later ...

Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Tapani Sysimetsä wrote:
> Hmm, I'm out of ideas now... I did this Ardour upgrade with Lenny based
> 64-Studio, and used Lenny repos with Quentin's own, and i was lucky.
>
> Can anybody who has stable 64-Studio install help Ralf?
>
> Tapani

I also have an update to Lenny, because I need KDE ex 3.5.9 for some
applications , but see the mail before. The added repositories are
enabled for Synaptic, I'll try to "order" that chaos now and report later.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Tapani Sysimetsä

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I also have an update to Lenny, because I need KDE ex 3.5.9 for some
> applications , but see the mail before. The added repositories are
> enabled for Synaptic, I'll try to "order" that chaos now and report later.

I am very sorry if i have caused a chaos in your Synaptic repos

Here is my /etc/apt/sources.list (TESTING, not stable), through which i
upgraded to Ardour 2.5:

#########

# 64-Studio
deb http://apt.64studio.com/64studio/testing/ 64studio main