Old 07-31-2008, 08:08 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Ardour 2.5

Hi

trying to install Ardour, I've got a problem with the repositories for apt.

http://www.64studio.com/node/647

I enabled the repositories for Synaptic.
The installed versions of jackd, libjack-dev, libjack0,
libjack0.100.0-0, libjack0.100.0-dev and libaubio-dev are the same
as the latest versions, so I didn't reinstall them.

# apt-get build-dep ardour
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list

/etc/apt/sources.list looks very starnge, some repositories are
missing, even basic once, there are many empty lines between some
repositories.

Is it safe to delete the empty lines, to copy the basic repositories
from /etc/apt/sources.list.d/64studio.lst and to add needed
repositories, resp. to command out unneeded once?

This question sounds stupid, but I wonder why this list looks so
strange. Is there another list somewhere for synaptic? I read that
Synaptic should use also /etc/apt/sources.list but that seems to be false.

Cheers,
Ralf

Old 07-31-2008, 08:20 AM
Tapani Sysimetsä

Hi,

I did this by disabling all repos from Synaptic, then added the list of
repos provided in Quentin's how-to to /etc/apt/sources.list (and
disabled all other repos there with # ).

Maybe not the most straightforward method, but worked.

Tapani