Old 07-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Gustin Johnson

Default Firefox/Iceweasel 3

Old 07-31-2008, 06:52 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Gustin Johnson wrote:
> > PS: Off topic but about a program most people are using. I'm using
> > Iceweasel 2.0.0.14 with 64 Studio, I'm not fine with the kind the
> > history will work, but with Suse I'm using Firefox 3.0 and there the
> > history is a disaster and Lenny's Iceweasel 3.0 maybe is Firefox 3.0. I
> > fear about just to upgarde to Etch's 2.0.0.16. I hope there will be a
> > backports repository for 64 Studio or Lenny with Iceweasel 2.0.0.x.
>

> What is wrong with the history? I have found that Firefox 3/Iceweasel 3
> are vastly superior browsers. If you want you can always download an
> older version from their web site, unzip and run directly. Personally I
> believe we are far better off with the new version. If there are
> problems you should submit a bug report.

Hi Gustin

maybe it's a Suse bug.

* The navigation toolbar history has some entries that never change,
resp. depending on how often a side was visited, the sides that
first were added to the toolbar history will change their
positions. That might be okay, but some sides in that toolbar
history are sides that I only visted one time, while I visited
other sides, that aren't in that history a hundred times. I tried
to force to get a one time visited side off and a new side into
that history, by really visiting a new side on and on again, but
the toolbar history won't change. There are a few sides in, but no
side will get out or into it.
* No Sidebar history, a new window is opened
* No single folders for days

Generally I like the old Mozilla and other browser histories more, if
it's possible to delete only the toolbar history and if the latest
visited side is on top in the toolbar history. For Firefox/Icweasel 2
I'm using a trick. If I will force a side to become top, e.g. I add a #
to the end of the link.

I need some extensions that only will work with Firefox/Iceweasel and
not with Seamonkey and generally I need the error correction of the
Mozillas, but that also is done by Seamonkey.

Another one with version 3 is, that might be a Suse extension, that if I
mark the link in the navigation toolbar, I can't type a new link, I
first have to close a window with informations about the side.

Cheers,
Ralf