Old 07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Dragan Noveski

Default keyboard layout in alt+F1

hallo list,
if i run gnome, everything is smooth here, but if a change to alt+F1 or
F2....the keys on my keyboard aren't right. sth. like 'y' is in a wrong
place as well as '/', '-' and lot of other signs.
i am running here v2.1 in german language.
this is kinda minor issue, but it really can be annoying, if you have to
use a console.

cheers,
doc

Old 07-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Michael Jarosch

Dragan Noveski schrieb:
> hallo list,
> if i run gnome, everything is smooth here, but if a change to alt+F1 or
> F2....the keys on my keyboard aren't right. sth. like 'y' is in a wrong
> place as well as '/', '-' and lot of other signs.
> i am running here v2.1 in german language.
> this is kinda minor issue, but it really can be annoying, if you have to
> use a console.

You mean Alt+Ctrl+F1, right?
Use

"dpkg-reconfigure console-data"

and configure a german keyboard.

Mitsch

Old 07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Dragan Noveski

Michael Jarosch wrote:
> Dragan Noveski schrieb:
>
>> hallo list,
>> if i run gnome, everything is smooth here, but if a change to alt+F1 or
>> F2....the keys on my keyboard aren't right. sth. like 'y' is in a wrong
>> place as well as '/', '-' and lot of other signs.
>> i am running here v2.1 in german language.
>> this is kinda minor issue, but it really can be annoying, if you have to
>> use a console.
>>

> You mean Alt+Ctrl+F1, right?
> Use
>
> "dpkg-reconfigure console-data"
>
> and configure a german keyboard.
>
> Mitsch

ok, thanks a lot! i ll give it a try as soon i am on my studio machine
again (tomorrow).

cheers,
doc