-   -   Solved: "Reset" 64 Studio and ALSA scripts (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/116950-solved-reset-64-studio-alsa-scripts.html)

Ralf Mardorf 07-01-2008 03:43 PM

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I completely removed alsa-base, reinstalled alsa-firmware, including the
> loaders and all 64 studio packages, the Lenny repositories were
> disabled. After this I installed alsa-base and the modules.
>
> Are there some scripts that should be deleted before doing a "reset", is
> there a sequence what to do first, second etc.?
>
> I need a reset not because of Lenny, but because the ATI driver seems to
> be the cause, for that my 64 Studio is broken.
>
> Until now I can't get all sound devices available for QJackCtl. Indexes
> set in alsa-base most times are ignored.
>
> When installing 64 Studio 2.1rc1, HDMI on-board was disabled, I enabled
> it later, 64 Studio was fine with doing this.
>
> Maybe I have done the reset, but I don't think so. I guess there will be
> the need to delete some scripts. I need a break right now and will see
> what will happen after startup tonight.
>
> Is there a way to "reset" scripts for the sound devices?
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

All sound devices are available. After turning of the computer I booted,
I did this two times. Alsa-base is new, I have to give the sound devices
consistent indexes again. By the way, I have two devices with the same
driver. It doesn't matter what indexes those devices will get, but this
might be a problem for other people with more than one sound device,
having the same driver.

Now it's time for the break, resp. for work I have to do. To edit
alsa-base can wait until tonight or tomorrow.