Old 07-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default "Reset" 64 Studio and ALSA scripts

I completely removed alsa-base, reinstalled alsa-firmware, including the
loaders and all 64 studio packages, the Lenny repositories were
disabled. After this I installed alsa-base and the modules.

Are there some scripts that should be deleted before doing a "reset", is
there a sequence what to do first, second etc.?

I need a reset not because of Lenny, but because the ATI driver seems to
be the cause, for that my 64 Studio is broken.

Until now I can't get all sound devices available for QJackCtl. Indexes
set in alsa-base most times are ignored.

When installing 64 Studio 2.1rc1, HDMI on-board was disabled, I enabled
it later, 64 Studio was fine with doing this.

Maybe I have done the reset, but I don't think so. I guess there will be
the need to delete some scripts. I need a break right now and will see
what will happen after startup tonight.

Is there a way to "reset" scripts for the sound devices?

Cheers,
Ralf