Old 07-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Quentin Harley

Default APER: amd-64 with wine, jackbridge and wineasio

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> It would be nice if you can write a
> howto ... if you have the time to do this ... because you got it
> running .

I will, just give me a day... quite busy at the moment ;-)

> I think Linux needs alternatives for audio software and if an
> application like REAPER can be used together with free Linux stuff, this
> will be an advantage for Linux.

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer Ardour. It is a much more down to
business DAW for high throughput pro work IMHO. I installed Reaper to
check if it works (my brother uses it extensively for his East-West
sound libraries). I'll evaluate it, and see if it is worthwhile for me
to purchase the licence. I might use it for portability - guys bringing
their Reaper projects to me to fix...

You are right about the options though. A lot of guys works with Reaper
exclusively, and I think it works better under linux using wine than
under windows...

> What CPU are you using and how much RAM do you have for the Linux using
> REAPER?

The enclosed screen shot is made running the demo project, and it uses
quite a few vst effects (yes you read correctly - vst under 64bit)

it uses around 55% from one of my CPU's (Athlon 64 x2 3800+) and 3% RAM
(of 2gig)

Cheers,
Quentin

Old 07-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Quentin Harley

Quentin Harley wrote:
The enclosed screen shot is made running the demo project, and it uses
quite a few vst effects (yes you read correctly - vst under 64bit)

Ok, here it is...