Old 07-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default APER: amd-64 with wine, jackbridge and wineasio

Hi Quentin

REAPER seems to be more fair than energyXT:

"REAPER is available for download without technological limitations for
evaluation purposes. Once you have evaluated REAPER, you should purchase
a license.

[...] for users who wish to use REAPER only for non-commercial use we
offer reduced price licensing for $50.00 USD."

50,- USD are payable and it can be tested for free WITHOUT limitations.

A lot of people aren't fine with Microsoft, but they also aren't fine
with the free Linux audio applications. A howto build wineasio for
64-bit for the forum would be fine.

I still have to fix my broken 64 Studio, but I will try to build
wineasio(x)myself and if it works write a howto, I think I can puzzle
the way by reading the mails again. It would be nice if you can write a
howto ... if you have the time to do this ... because you got it
running .

I think Linux needs alternatives for audio software and if an
application like REAPER can be used together with free Linux stuff, this
will be an advantage for Linux.

I don't know REAPER, but I will take a look at it, something that's
impossible for energyXT.

What CPU are you using and how much RAM do you have for the Linux using
REAPER?

Cheers,
Ralf