Old 06-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Proposal on the topic how to understand recording equipment

Hi

maybe there is the need to explain some issues.

In the forums somebody seems to connect one unbalanced stereo output to
two balanced mono inputs, imagine that there will be a better quality.

Maybe there should be a corner that explain some elementary things about
amateur and professional equipment.

Quentin has given the right answer and asked the correct questions, so
especially for this problem there is an answer in the forum, but it
might be helpful if there will be two special forums, one for
professional and another for amateur recording.

I know both sides and sometimes I come across some answers that are
right and wrong, because of the different presuppositions concerning to
the knowledge and equipment that is typically for homerecording or
professional recording.

Cheers,
Ralf