-   -   Not Solved: ALSA cannot find the slot for index 0 (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/110386-not-solved-alsa-cannot-find-slot-index-0-a.html)

Ralf Mardorf 06-20-2008 02:33 PM

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>>> Jack messages:
>>>
>>> Enhanced3DNow! detected
>>>

>> I'm using the standard xorg.conf now and 3D even wasn't enabled when I'm
>> using the fgrlx driver with a strange xorg.conf. Hm, I remember that
>> there is a option to remove the ATI installation, I didn't run it, I
>> will run it now.
>>
>> If there won't be a further mail within the next minutes, with the
>> subject "Solved: ALSA cannot find the slot for index 0", I still have
>> the problem after completely removing ATI graphic stuff.
>>

> After running sh fglrx-uninstall.sh all audio devices seems to be fine
> again.
>
> Until now I didn't have the time to look for more cheap NVidia cards.
>
> There might be some options for the ATI installer I might check out, but
> I had have enough.
>
> I will search for NVidia cards over the weekend and buy one next month.
>
> :)
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

There's still a problem. After the uninstall the order for Jack changed from

hw:0 HDA ATI HDMI
hw:1 HDA ATI SB
hw:1,x [...]
hw:2 USB Device [...]

hw:0 TerraTec
hw:0,x [...]
hw:1 HDA ATI SB
hw:1,x [...]
hw:2 HDA ATI HDMI

I rebooted some times and noticed that there is missing the USB-MIDI-Device. Sound with the TerraTec was fine.

I disconnect and connect the USB-MIDI-Device and rebooted, after this it was like that

hw:0 TerraTec
hw:0,x [...]
hw:1 HDA ATI SB
hw:1,x [...]
hw:2 USB Device
hw:3 HDA ATI HDMI

Since the reboot after this, for each reboot it is like this again

hw:0 HDA ATI HDMI
hw:1 HDA ATI SB
hw:1,x [...]
hw:2 USB Device [...]

Alsa-base is edited to

# Fix indexes for the spymo DAW
alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
options snd-ice1712 index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel index=1
alias snd-card-2 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=2

The alsa-base the way it was fine after each boot, before I tried to install the proprietary ATI driver.

What might the ATI installer or uninstaller have damaged? What should I do?

For the next hours I'll have a pause. I've made no backup of the running system and now I have again a broken system, like most times in the years I only used Linux.