Old 06-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Solved: ALSA cannot find the slot for index 0

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Jack messages:
>>
>> Enhanced3DNow! detected
>>

> I'm using the standard xorg.conf now and 3D even wasn't enabled when I'm
> using the fgrlx driver with a strange xorg.conf. Hm, I remember that
> there is a option to remove the ATI installation, I didn't run it, I
> will run it now.
>
> If there won't be a further mail within the next minutes, with the
> subject "Solved: ALSA cannot find the slot for index 0", I still have
> the problem after completely removing ATI graphic stuff.

After running sh fglrx-uninstall.sh all audio devices seems to be fine
again.

Until now I didn't have the time to look for more cheap NVidia cards.

There might be some options for the ATI installer I might check out, but
I had have enough.

I will search for NVidia cards over the weekend and buy one next month.

Cheers,
Ralf