Old 06-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default 64studio amd64 rel 2.1 with alsa 1.0.17 drivers

Carlos Hernanz (hcarlos) wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> I though that rel 2.1 comes with 1.0.16... 1.0.17 seems to be a test
> release but with a number of changes and bug fixes.
>
> About the error messages, It's basically that after compiling all
> drivers, utils and libs of the 1.0.17 release (./configure, make, make
> install, then ./snddevices, modprobe, etc), and at starting up
> rosegarden, the messages at the console right after LADSPAPluginFactory
> say that release 1.0.16 is being loaded. Again since I'm really new to
> Linux I don't know what it means so that's why I'm asking for an install
> or upgrade guide, just to double check if I'm doing something wrong
> (very likely)..
>
> Thanks,

First I've to say Rosegarden didn't crash with my 2.1rc and it don't
crash with my upgrade to Lenny, but someone else got trouble with
Rosegarden, you're not the only one.

I have no idea what's wrong. Did you make a reboot after the
installation? Maybe it's better to do a reboot, so that everything is reset.