Old 06-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Some gfx cards I'm thinking about

Hi all

and thank you Peter, for your off-list reply, I'll answer you off-list
later or within the next days.

I'm thinking about buying a gfx card, that I might order from my dealer
Reichelt, because I have to sent back a Delock PCI card, that should be
fine with Linux ex Kernel 2.4, but it isn't. I only will do a last test,
but I'm sure that it won't be fine now.

Anyhow I'll search the net for cheaper cards.

Can anybody say something about the following cards?

ASUS EN7300LE HTD 256MB DDR2 aktiv PCI-Express DVI 64bit

• Gerätetyp: Grafikadapter
• Schnittstellen Typ: PCI Express
• Erweiterung / Konnektivität
· Schnittstellen: 1x VGA - HD D-Sub (HD-15), 15-polig
· 1x DVI-I - Kombinierter 29 PIN DVI
· 1x VGA - HD D-Sub (HD-15), 15-polig ( mit Adapter )
· 1x HDTV-Ausgang
· Kompatible Steckplätze: 1x PCI Express
• Herstellergarantie
· Service & Support: 3 Jahre Garantie
· Details zu Service & Support: Begrenzte Garantie - 3 Jahre
• Enthaltene Kabel:
· 1x DVI-VGA-Adapter
· 1x HDTV-Adapter
• Software / Systemanforderungen
· Software inbegriffen: Treiber & Utilities
· Windows Vista: Built for Windows Vista
• Prozessor / Speicher
· Grafikprozessor / Hersteller: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE TurboCache
mit 512 MB
· Kerntaktfrequenz: 450 MHz
· RAMDAC-Taktfrequenz: 400 MHz
· Installierter Grafikspeicher: 256 MB
· Technologie: DDR II SDRAM
· Speichertiming: 1,3 GHz
· Max. zugewiesene RAM-Größe: 256 MB
• Besonderheiten: ASUS Video Security Online, ASUS OnScreenDisplay
(OSD), ASUS GameFace Messenger, ASUS Splendid Video Enhancing
Technology, ASUS GameReplay, ASUS GameLive Show
• Videoausgang
· Max. Auflösung (extern): 2048 x 1536
· API-Unterstützung: OpenGL, DirectX 9.0
· Anzahl der max. unterstützten Bildschirme: 2
· TV-Schnittstelle: HDTV Out
· Digital-Video-Standard: Digital Visual Interface (DVI)

*Hersteller:* ASUS
*Artikelnummer des Herstellers:* 90-C1CHLY-HUAYZ

ASUS EN7300LE HTD 256MB DDR2 PCIe
<http://www.reichelt.de/?;ACTION=3;LA=2;GROUP=E812;GROUPID=738;ARTICLE=792 37;START=0;SORT=artnr;OFFSET=16;SID=32aIuz6qwQASAA ADfTesUb351803a749ee425455cf2cc02c7475e>
32,00 EUR

Speaking for it: My mobo is an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI. I have to remove the
HDMI card, to get a free slot for gfx cards, that needs a PCI Express
x16 slot and there might be troubles with the BIOS. I can call for a
written warranty from ASUS, that there will be no troubles after
removing the HDMI card and using a PCI Express gfx card, while the
integrated gfx can't be disabled by the BIOS settings.
Speaking against it: The card has a fan and I'm not fine with the price.

GIGABYTE GF 8500GT 512MB GDDR2 DVI Heatsink PCI-Express HDTV S-VIDEO

• Mit GeForce 8500 GT GPU
• PCI Express
• Microsoft DirectX 10 und OpenGL 2.0 Unterstützung
• Ausgestatt mit 512 MB GDDR2 Speicher und 128-bit
Speicherschnittstelle
• SLI und PureVideo Technologie
• Dual DVI-I / D-sub / HDTV
• Dual-link @ high resolution bis zu 2560 x 1600

Spezifikationen:
Chipsatz: NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT
Speicher: 512 MB
Memory Bus: 128 bit
PCB Form: ATX
Bus Typ: PCI-E
Bus Speed: x16
D-SUB, TV-OUT, DVI Port Y (DVI-I)
Multi View

*Hersteller:* GIGABYTE
*Artikelnummer des Herstellers:* GV-NX85T512HP

Grafikkarte GIGABYTE GF 8500GT 512MB HDTV
<http://www.reichelt.de/?;ACTION=3;LA=2;GROUP=E812;GROUPID=738;ARTICLE=786 63;START=0;SORT=artnr;OFFSET=16;SID=32aIuz6qwQASAA ADfTesUb351803a749ee425455cf2cc02c7475e>
47,90 EUR

Maybe speaking for it: The card has no fan, but that might cause the
power supply's and CPU's fans increase there speeds.
Speaking against it: The price and it's a not from ASUS and I have
concerns about the mobo's BIOS.

I need the resolution 1024x768, 3D support and I would like to set the
vertical refresh rate for the monitor to my needs, using 64 Studio.

I maybe can sell the HDMI card to a friend, who sometimes stack
multimedia PCs by using the M2A-VM HDMI, so I will ask him, if the next
time he will order a M2A-VM and take my HDMI card, if the boards should
be really the same.

I will Google search for some NVidia chip set based gfx cards, using any
PCI slot, a Non-Express slot would be fine.

NVidia might also be no good solution, I have some AGP for my old mobo,
but it seems to be better when using Linux than ATI seems to be.

Because I aim to make music, I won't waste my time and money that I
don't have any longer with all that Linux hardware problems, if the
troubles will never end, I'm ready to use Windows without licence and
cracks.

If someone has a similar mobo and a gfx card that's fine with Linux,
please tell me, if possible by giving informations about the version and
gfx card board revision and details about the chipset. I'm not sure if
there is the need to have so much information about gfx cards, but for
other hardware there is the need, a lot of hardware that should work
with Linux, won't be fine in addiction to the hardware's boards
revisions, that's why most hardware lists of the community are extreme
untrusty. And the manufacturer's data is absolutely beyond believe.

Cheers,
Ralf