Old 06-15-2008, 12:45 PM
luca cartolari

Default problems with Flash plugin

Hi,
After 2.1 intallation, I've problems with the Flash player.

The instruction

apt-get --reinstall install flashplugin-nonfree

doesn't work

and also

apt-get remove flashplugin-nonfree

doesn't work....

I tried,tried.....

but nothing....

Any suggestion?

Many thanks

--
Luca Cartolari
MediaDucKs snc

cartolari@mediaducks.info
**************************************
Software e Musica

http://www.mediaducks.info
http://www.live-electronics.com
http://www.anatrofobia.com

Old 06-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Ralf Mardorf

luca cartolari wrote:
> Hi,
> After 2.1 intallation, I've problems with the Flash player.
>
> The instruction
>
> apt-get --reinstall install flashplugin-nonfree
>
> doesn't work
>
> and also
>
> apt-get remove flashplugin-nonfree
>

> doesn't work....
>

> I tried,tried.....
>
> but nothing....
>

> Any suggestion?
>

> Many thanks

The first time with 64 Studio I've done it by browsing a web-page that
told me flash is missing and asked me to install it, the 64 Studios
after this I used Synaptic to remove and install it again. So my
suggestion is to check out Synaptic, apt-get should work too, also a
reinstallation instead of removing and installing, but sometimes things
with Linux are strange.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Ralf Mardorf

PS: Please post the messages you get and test it with Iceweasel, because
other browser be a little bit problematic sometimes.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Ralf Mardorf

PPS: I think I marked it for reinstallation using synaptic and didn't
remove and installed it again, but I'm sure I didn't use apt-get to do it.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Ralf Mardorf

luca cartolari wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf ha scritto:
>> PPS: I think I marked it for reinstallation using synaptic and didn't
>> remove and installed it again, but I'm sure I didn't use apt-get to
>> do it.
>>
> Many Thanks Ralph,
> I marked it for reinstallation using synaptic
> and now all it's ok
>

> Luca Cartolari
> MediaDucKs snc

I'm not familiar with the way apt-get is using repositories. Maybe you
haven't enabled the repository that is needed for flash, for the apt-get
command. I'm fine with computers, I know Suse a little bit, but I don't
no much about Debain, that's why I'm using Synaptic.

Thanx to my parents, for that I have got a name that can be spoken of
most people on this planet, but it's funny that most people write ph
instead of f. It's okay, I'm fine with it, but it's Germanic and ph is
more a Greek spelling. You're not the first one, writing my name wrong
and I'm a dyslexic, so I won't give a dam on how something is written. I
don't want to know how often I write names and other words wrong, I only
wonder why the Germanic "Ralf" is written "Ralph" in so many countries.
I think the more common spelling of "Ralf" on this planet is "Ralph" .

Old 06-15-2008, 06:39 PM
luca cartolari