Old 06-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Poll about low-coast Monitors

Because of this thread http://www.64studio.com/node/574 I searched the
net for some classics.

Yamaha NS 10 and Auratone as reference for reverb, compression etc.
seems to be affordable today . I do this with Headphones AKG K240DF.

I don't think acoustic irradiation speakers like the JBL Control One are
adapted.

As I wrote before, the RFT B3010 HIFI seems to be good for Bass etc.,
when only having less money.

IMO reverb, compression etc. can be valued with not expensive equipment,
but basses and highs are a problem.

Has anybody suggestions for low-coast monitors? When I'm talking about
low-cost I really mean low-cost, for some people Genelec or Event might
be low-cost.

Cheers,
Ralf

Old 06-14-2008, 10:55 AM
"Peter Geirnaert"

I'm very happy with my pair of Behringer Truth B2031 Active monitors. They costed 365€ new in musicstorekoln and now I see a second hand pair for sale at 225€ .

For that price I think, It'll be very hard to find an amplifier & passive monitors with the same quality of sound.
Each bass speaker has it's own 150W amp, and the highs have a 75W amp. (+onboard limiter & balanced inputs).

All I can compare it to is my old set of speakers/amp:
the Pioneer A-331 hi-fi amp and Marantz Imperial 7 speakers are much less loud and precise than the new Truth monitors,
and I bought that old set second hand for 350€ back in 1992.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Thank you Peter

I just want to get informations about what people are using and if they
are fine with it or not. I changed my equipment from low-cost to
low-cost and can't say something about my new combination until now.

Around 300,- EUR might be low-cost, especially because they are active,
anyway they are a bit expensive.

I have a Behringer console EURORACK UB2442FX-PRO and a Behringer
MODULIZER PRO. I'm fine with the mixing console, but it's more HiFi than
studio quality. It's not only a chock when I does work in a studio with
a Neve, even Soundcraft etc. are a complete other standard. But those
Behringer products are very inexpensive at Thomann and the Thomann
warranty is longer. I'm not fine with low-cost Behringer Monitors,
that's why I'm using the cult RFT speakers, but they only have 20W and
they will colour the sound.

I think the rules for studio equipment can't completely be carried over,
while talking about homerecording.

Cheers,
Ralf