Old 06-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default WARNING! Dynamite Cowbell - Metronomes

Quentin Harley wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Is there a metronome for the computer case speaker, that can be synced
>> to the audio software? There isn't the need for me to have a metronome
>> like this, but sometimes it would be fine to have one.
>>

> Haven't you seen the "more cowbell"
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvqB0uwLj0k
>
> Ardour has a click track function...
>
> Cheers,
> Quentin

WARNING! Don't drink or eat while watching the video .

That's my fear, someday to forget to turn of Rosegarden's MIDI metronome
and to have more than enough cowbell, sticks or rim shot. To beware of
this a computer case speaker click might be a help, but I might produce
a golden record with the MIDI metronome on. Thank you Quentin, I didn't
know that this might be a recipe for a golden record .

I might combinate it with system sounds enabled while doing the
mastering. KDE can use JACK, see KDE-menu >> Control Center >> Sound &
Multimedia >> Sound System >> Hardware >> Select the audio device, I'm
not kidding, it's possible to connect to Jack.

Cowbell for me now has become a new quality.

Cheers,
Ralf