Old 06-10-2008, 05:29 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Press Release - 64 Studio 2.1 'A Minha Menina' released!

Daniel James wrote:
> Press Release - 64 Studio 2.1 'A Minha Menina' released!
>
> Isle of Wight, UK, 9th June, 2008

Hi Daniel

I haven't the time to read all my emails today, but I think there must
be time to congratulate and thank for the release.

Congratulations and thank you all for the new release!

I have been fine with the 2.1rc-versions (and by the way, the upgrade to
Lenny isn't fine en bloc).

I've to smile, because the hope to do the release within a week didn't
work out. I guess it's a law of nature, that plans to do something, that
has to do with computers, leastwise will take double of the time, we
imagine it should take.

Off topic:

What's about http://www.iwcp.co.uk/Other/Bestival_Competition_DJs.aspx?
Some of us, me too, did vote for you.

Cheers,
Ralf

PS:

I'll sent this to some friends ...

Old 06-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Daniel James

Hi Ralf,

> Congratulations and thank you all for the new release!

Thanks for all the bug-hunting :-)

> I've to smile, because the hope to do the release within a week didn't
> work out. I guess it's a law of nature, that plans to do something, that
> has to do with computers, leastwise will take double of the time, we
> imagine it should take.

Probably ;-) In this case, it was making sure the mirrors were up to
date, and testing upgrades from them that took the extra time. Our
userbase has grown to the extent that we can't satisfy the bandwidth
demand from our own machines. We served over 7TB of 2.1 release
candidates from our main server in one month.

> What's about http://www.iwcp.co.uk/Other/Bestival_Competition_DJs.aspx?
> Some of us, me too, did vote for you.

Thanks! The finalists are due to be announced soon. I don't think I'll
get to the final, but it was fun doing the mix.

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/Other/Bestival_Competition_voting_closed.aspx

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Daniel James wrote:
> Our userbase has grown to the extent that we can't satisfy the
> bandwidth demand from our own machines. We served over 7TB of 2.1
> release candidates from our main server in one month.

Good to hear about this .

I'm not a student, however I can write to German universities and asked
them to install a mirror, but there might be students in the list, that
are more suitable to ask their universities administrators to do that.