Old 08-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Charles Kroeger

Default dpkg

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:50:02 +0200
lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:

> # aptitude install -s
> The following packages will be REMOVED:

I personally think the entity that created aptitude is nuttier than a fruitcake
your apt-get command on the other hand is quite correct.

My advice:

Dpkg -P apititude

--
CK

Old 08-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2012-08-23 21:02 +0200, Charles Kroeger wrote:

> I personally think the entity that created aptitude is nuttier than a fruitcake

Please keep personal insults off this list; /dev/null is a more
appropriate destination for them.

> My advice:
>
> Dpkg -P apititude

zsh: command not found: Dpkg

Regards,
Sven

Old 08-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Jochen Spieker

lina:

> I read the man dpkg,
>
> and didn't think too much, just tried the
>
> dpkg --clear-selections
>
> and then the dpkg --get-selections shows
>
> root@Debian:/home/lina# dpkg --get-selections | grep deinstall | wc -l
> 2991
> root@Debian:/home/lina# dpkg --get-selections | grep " install" | wc -l
> 0

I understand your problem has been solved already, but nevertheless:
/var/backups should contain an old version of your /var/lib/dpkg/status.

J.
--
I wish I looked more like a successful person even though I'm a loser.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 08-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Charles Kroeger

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:40:01 +0200
Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:

quite right Sven.

--
CK

Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Gaël DONVAL

Le jeudi 23 août 2012 à 21:51 +0200, Jochen Spieker a écrit :

> I understand your problem has been solved already, but nevertheless:
> /var/backups should contain an old version of your /var/lib/dpkg/status.
>
> J.
Great one!

Old 08-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Lars Noodén

On 8/24/12 12:52 PM, Gaël DONVAL wrote:
> Le jeudi 23 août 2012 à 21:51 +0200, Jochen Spieker a écrit :
>>
>> I understand your problem has been solved already, but nevertheless:
>> /var/backups should contain an old version of your /var/lib/dpkg/status.
>>
>> J.
> Great one!

Is there a utility (e.g. dpkg) which can parse that file as-is? Or must
it be massaged with grep/awk first?

Regards,
/Lars

Old 08-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Jochen Spieker

Lars Noodén:
> On 8/24/12 12:52 PM, Gaël DONVAL wrote:
>> Le jeudi 23 août 2012 à 21:51 +0200, Jochen Spieker a écrit :
>>>
>>> I understand your problem has been solved already, but nevertheless:
>>> /var/backups should contain an old version of your /var/lib/dpkg/status.
>>
>> Great one!
>
> Is there a utility (e.g. dpkg) which can parse that file as-is? Or must
> it be massaged with grep/awk first?

This *is* dpkg's status database, so I don't really understand the
question. Just copy the most recent version in /var/backups to
/var/lib/dpkg/status.

J.
--
I think the environment will be okay.