Old 06-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Proceeding of X-Server troubles halfway solved

Ralf Mardorf wrote:.
> I found a posting of my old xorg.conf in the net and I'll diff this
> for the 64bit version with the 32bit version later.

spinymouse@64studio:~$ diff /etc/X11/xorg.conf
/mnt/debian_hda7/etc/X11/xorg.conf

< Load "i2c"
< Load "bitmap"
< Load "ddc"
< Load "dri"
< Load "extmod"
< Load "freetype"
< Load "glx"
< Load "int10"
< Load "vbe"
- ---
> Load "bitmap"
> Load "ddc"
> Load "dri"
> Load "extmod"
> Load "freetype"
> Load "glx"
> Load "int10"
> Load "vbe"

I lost my xorg.conf for 64 Studio 64bit upgraded to Lenny.
"dpkg-reconfigure" for Lenny won't do graphic settings, so I tried to
use the xorg.conf from my 64 Studio 32bit, but that didn't work.

The only difference seems to be, that there is a module i2c for the
64bit version.

Anyway, I can use 64 Studio 64bit but it makes no difference if I'm
using it as the default Etch version or the upgraded Lenny version, I
have to use the vesa driver and the vertical refresh rate can't be
changed from 59.8Hz.

Using any ATI driver will cause that I will hear GDM, but the screen
will be black.

My old NVidia has been fine with Suse. 3D also has been fine with 64
Studio, but it wasn't possible to change the vertical refresh rate for
64 Studio. X seems to be better for Suse.

I can demount the HDMI card of my ASUS M2A-VM HDMI and test if the ATI
driver will be fine without HDMI.

Is there no one using an integrated ATI RADEON X1250-based graphics?
Might HDMI be the problem?

Cheers,
Ralf